Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
New guy
Last Post 21 Mar 2017 03:49 PM by Old Guard2. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Pineywoods

--
08 Mar 2017 01:03 PM
    I've lurked on here as a guest for a while gathering some great info before making the big decision to enlist in the Coast Guard Reserve at 37 years old. I am currently a full time Youth Pastor and I'm married with 3 kids. Before I was in Ministry I was a CNC Machinist/ Programmer and Shop Supervisor for a Machine Shop. I am an avid outdoors man and stay very fit. One of the biggest regrets in my life was not serving my country as a member of a military branch when I was a young man. My best friends are all local Law Enforcement (SRT, Drug Task Force, etc) and I was bitten by the Law Enforcement bug a few years ago. So after talking with my wife and seriously considering things I have decided to pursue both as a Coast Guard Reservist. After several phone calls and questions, I had an appointment last Monday with my recruiter. He said everything looks great on paper to get me into the DEPOT program assuming that ASVAB and physical are good. I scored a 94 in High School but that was a LONG time ago. I have been trying to brush up on some of the things I haven't used in 20 years to get prepared. I seem to score right around an 85 or so on all of the practice tests I have taken so hopefully that reflects the score on the real test. I am looking at the rate of ME or BM. We live just north of Houston so the possible available units near me are MSST Galveston, MSU Texas City and MSU Port Arthur. If there are others, I am not aware. I honestly hope this process flows smoothly and look forward to both serving my country as a member of the United States Coast Guard Reserve and serving in a Law Enforcement/Home Land Security capacity. I appreciate all of the wisdom pertaining to the USCG on this Forum...wish me luck!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    08 Mar 2017 11:43 PM
    I figured you were from Texas by the Pineywoods name. I hope all goes wells in your quest and I wish you would get this pine pollen under control. I live in Kingwood a few miles south of you I believe.
    Pineywoods

--
    09 Mar 2017 09:37 AM
    Yes sir I'm not far from you... We moved from Kingwood to New Caney about 3 years ago. I grew up near Livingston and we have an old family farm up in East Texas where we hunt and play. My family and I love to spend time up in the piney woods so it's a fitting screen name. Wish I could help you out on the pine pollen! My truck is coated in it.
    Pineywoods

--
    21 Mar 2017 03:43 PM
    Well I just got back from a 2 day MEPS trip. I scored a 92 on the ASVAB yesterday and everything was good with the physical today. I should know something next week on my credit check and then I have to sit down with my recruiter to get a reservation at Cape May. I only contacted my recruiter for the first time 3 weeks ago so it has moved way faster than I assumed it would. I'm hoping to ship in August.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Mar 2017 03:49 PM
    Wow. Very nice. Congratulations.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement