Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
New rules on dependency waivers?
Last Post 05 Apr 2017 07:37 AM by rtbwmu. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
rtbwmu

--
30 Mar 2017 11:51 AM
    I'm prior service Army National Guard, and currently slotted to go to DEPOT in July (so I've already done MEPS, ASVAB, and signed a contract). I will be enlisting as an E-3 and have a wife and two children.

When I was first talking to my recruiter about getting in, he explained I would need a dependency waiver.  Later on, he said that the Coast Guard had recently changed the rules and were now allowing recruits to enlist with a wife and two children.

I have not been able to verify this anywhere and he seemed somewhat unsure about it when he explained it to me.  Searching around online, I can only find things that say this is not true so I'm a little worried he could be wrong and that it could effect my ship date.

Can anyone here verify that his is correct and point me to where I can read about it?

Thanks in advance.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    31 Mar 2017 12:00 AM
    Trust your recruiter you are in his or her hands anyhow. Your recruiter will have the latest information. I have read where a wavier is required for a spouse and two kids, but things can change quickly in the USCG. Again trust your recruiter.
    TombRaider330

--
    03 Apr 2017 09:21 PM
    Hello rtbwmu-- are you going for reserve or active duty? If reserve then I believe your recruiter must be right because my recruiter said the same thing around 3/20/17 and another recruiter before that on 3/15/17.. however if going for active duty then "no more than two dependents" unless that changed also recently in the past few days.. in that case, I would go by what your recruiter said  Hope everything goes well.
    rtbwmu

--
    04 Apr 2017 11:54 AM
    Going Active.  So they told you that for active no more than two dependents?
    TombRaider330

--
    04 Apr 2017 05:45 PM
    Yes.. Also, stated in gocoastguard.com (see copied criteria below). But I think in your case since you are "prior service" may NOT fall into this category. So I would still refer to your recruiter statement.. sounds like you should be fine especially if you have a ship date already set

Applicants must meet the following criteria and successfully pass several screening tests:

Be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien.
    Be between the ages of 17-27 (up to age 32 if attending an A school) for active duty. (If you are 17, you'll need parental consent.)
    Reservists must be between 17-39.
    Prior-service personnel should contact their local recruiter for specific criteria.
    Have a high school diploma. GEDs are accepted in very rare circumstances.
    Have no more than two dependents (spouse, children, or someone dependent upon you for support).
    Pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test.
    Be medically cleared by the local Military Entrance Processing Station.
    Undergo a credit check, security clearance check, and a criminal record review. (2nd and 3rd degree misdemeanors and or felony convictions are disqualifying.)
    rtbwmu

--
    05 Apr 2017 07:37 AM
    Yeah I'll just wait and see. If the recruiter is mistaken I don't think it will be a huge deal anyways.  Apparently most dependency waivers are being approved this FY anyways.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement