Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Do DEPOT graduates get guaranteed A school?
Last Post 15 Apr 2017 12:44 PM by CPORJM. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
pbandjaysandwich

--
12 Apr 2017 10:54 AM
    Hey all, I am hoping to ship out to DEPOT in September of 2017. I am prior service Army national guard with six years of service. While I was in I was a 13D - pretty much field artillery - but my civilian career has been as a radiation control technician and so I hope to become a Marine science technician or a Yeoman as they seem similar to my current job. I am wondering if DEPOT grads usually get a guaranteed A school because they come out as an E-3 to E-4 or if they still wait on the list like everyone else. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond this!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    disciplecore

--
    12 Apr 2017 03:54 PM
    You will need a waiver if you are over 5 years AD. You will have to take a critical rate. I believe OS ,CS are the only things critical last I heard. Depot ususally come back in as the rate they were or they go to guranteed a school. Talk to your recruiter because things change all the time. Goodluck.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"
    tumonsands

--
    13 Apr 2017 10:02 PM
    Hey same boat - also prior army national guard. MST isn't critical right now so no guaranteed A school. However, you could ask your recruiter about a rate determination package. IDK the details about that - I've only heard they try to line you up with a rating if you have the work experience for it.
    pbandjaysandwich

--
    15 Apr 2017 09:15 AM
    Posted By disciplecore on 12 Apr 2017 04:54 PM
    You will need a waiver if you are over 5 years AD. You will have to take a critical rate. I believe OS ,CS are the only things critical last I heard. Depot ususally come back in as the rate they were or they go to guranteed a school. Talk to your recruiter because things change all the time. Goodluck.

I have no active duty time because I was in the national guard my entire time. I am hoping if I score high enough on the asvab that I can get into something I am interested in. Yeoman would be nice, not sure about SK. Is that the coast guards version of supply?
    pbandjaysandwich

--
    15 Apr 2017 09:15 AM
    Posted By tumonsands on 13 Apr 2017 11:02 PM
    Hey same boat - also prior army national guard. MST isn't critical right now so no guaranteed A school. However, you could ask your recruiter about a rate determination package. IDK the details about that - I've only heard they try to line you up with a rating if you have the work experience for it.

Thanks for the info!
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CPORJM

--
    15 Apr 2017 12:44 PM
    A Rate Determination Package is done for those that will be graduating DEPOT as a Petty Officer and waiving A School. It's typically done for those whose civilian job skill set (if Reserve), or prior service experience (if AD) translates into a CG job. These are not done for applicants who are going to A School, guaranteed or otherwise.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement