Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Please help
Last Post 01 Mar 2008 11:40 PM by treyyert34. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PerryNathanL

--
29 Feb 2008 08:26 AM
    May you please review the following; it may have jeopardized my chances for enlistment into the United States Coast Guard?  On the date of 28 July 1998, at the age of 13, I was arrested by the Police Department and referred to the Probation Department for regrettably committing an act of residential burglary.  I pleaded guilty and was then sentenced with 100 hours of community service, a weekend in the Juvenile Detention Facility, restitution of $100.00, and a written letter of apology to the victims.  On the date of 8 January 1999, I was placed on probation for this delinquency and was successfully terminated from probation on the date of 10 January 2001.

On the date of 24 January 2003, at the age of 17, I attempted to enlist into the California Army National Guard as an Infantryman.  I informed my recruiter of my delinquency; my recruiter stated that due to the delinquency occurring years ago it would most likely not show up during the background check.  My recruiter instructed me to not disclose my delinquency during the background check, thus, I unwisely did so as instructed.  Unfortunately, during the background check, my delinquency was discovered and since I omitted this information I was separated from the California Army National Guard for Erroneous Enlistment with a reenlistment code of RE-1.  Near the month of April 2003, at the age of 18, my records regarding my delinquency were successfully sealed.

I successfully completed 4 four years of the Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp (AFJROTC) while attending high school.  While a Cadet in the AFJROTC, I was actively involved in the armed and unarmed drill teams, color guard, honor guard, and saber team.  I graduated from high school and received my diploma on the date of 14 June 2003.  Also during high school, I was actively involved with the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) cadet program, as well as, the Sea Scouts, where I found my passion of working aboard watercraft. 

In the year of 2004 or 2005, I attempted to enlist into the United States Army as a Watercraft Operator.  I informed my recruiter of my previous enlistment attempt.  My recruiter then successfully obtained a waiver to allow me to enlist; but when time to select my occupation I was offered Truck Driver.  I had no interest in this occupation, but due to pressure I signed the enlistment contract but I cannot recall taking the oath.  Days later, with the help of friends and family, I came to my senses and requested to not go through with the enlistment due to the occupation.  I’m not sure if my reenlistment code has changed.

I’m currently working full-time as a senior uniformed security guard at a local Target retail store.  I currently have California law enforcement arrest, search & seizure and firearms familiarization certifications, and a certification in security officer baton.  Within the next 3 to 6 months, I would love to enlist into the USCG as a Boatswain’s Mate, allowing me to pursue my interests of seamanship, honor, and esprit de corp, as well as, a sincere desire to serve our country.

Based on the information above, what are my chances of qualifying for enlistment?  Any information and/or help you can provide in getting me on the right track for enlistment as a USCG Boatswain’s Mate will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 2/29/2008 1:31:59 AM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    katiensb

--
    29 Feb 2008 12:33 PM
    All I can say is good luck to you....it is unfortunate that our pasts very often catch up with us and this may very well be one of those times. As I'm sure you know the USCG is pretty full right now, and they are really at an advantage as to whom they select.

I haven't nor am able to answer any of your questions...but I do wish you luck in your pursuit.....

Katie

Proud Mother of:

SR Phillips, Allison C-179

Katie
             New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    proudmom

--
    29 Feb 2008 04:27 PM
    I also do not know the answer. Don't give up you will be getting advise from a lot of people on this Forum. There is a lot of support and advice. The people here great,just hang in there. Sounds like you have come a long way.Good luck on your journey.smile
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    treyyert34

--
    01 Mar 2008 11:40 PM
    I could't really tell you. I'm not sure if the past "incidents" are done away with after your 18th Birthday. Its really a question for your Local Recruiter, and sorry i couldn't be any help.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement