Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
ASVAB testing -- how to get passing grades for SK, YN or IS
Last Post 24 Apr 2017 06:40 AM by Bells. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TombRaider330

--
20 Apr 2017 09:36 PM
    Hello Semper Peratus! I am about to take my asvab in 5 days.. I am REALLY nervous. I have been studying for over a month now. I am memorizing the math formulas and just doing my best to study while working full time. I need to score at least 105 in order to get the SK, YN or IS position.. any advice and tips out there to help me not fail please    Will I find out same day if I meet the score requirement to pick the job that I want (hoping it is available) with my recruiter?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    20 Apr 2017 10:10 PM
    You don't pick a job unless your enlist into a guaranteed critical rate. If you don't enlist in a critical rate you become a non rate when your graduate boot camp. Has anyone explained to you how that works? Do the best you can because you need to have a high AFQT to enlist period.
    sharpshooter88

--
    21 Apr 2017 07:43 AM
    Take your time, don't rush. Double check your answer. You can see your line scores after you test if you take an envelope with you. If you don't bring one you'll have to wait until your recruiter tells you.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    21 Apr 2017 10:10 AM
    I have found that taking practice test is a great tool to prepare for any type of examine.
    TombRaider330

--
    23 Apr 2017 09:12 AM
    Thanks everyone. Practice test it is

@ m1ashooter-- If I recall correctly Yes I think this was discussed with my recruiter & I believe I enlisted as a non-rate in the reserve. Plan A: I was told depending if I get the minimum qualifying score AND if my work experience is sufficient I may be able to bypass A school (after boot camp) and go straight to my duty station as an SK for example.. Plan B: Otherwise, I ship to bootcamp and go to A school for the job selected.. does this sound about right?

jjordan864

--
    24 Apr 2017 05:58 AM
    ASVAB for dummies lol.
    jjordan864

--
    24 Apr 2017 05:59 AM
    This book helped me a lot

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    24 Apr 2017 06:40 AM
    Unless I am missing something, the only way to bypass a-school is if you were not going to bootcamp but to depot because your prior experience has been approved by the rating force master chief to not go to a-school (which I have never heard for sk except from other branches)

Also, you don't need a 105 on the whole asavab, the highest score is a 99, meaning, 99th percentile.

Since you are reserves there needs to be a spot open in your area for the job you want before you go to a-school, you can't just pick whichever job you want like active duty does (but waits for a while). So I would talk to your recruiter and see if there is even openings in your area for the jobs you would do.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement