Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Coast guard auxiliary
Last Post 08 May 2017 01:55 PM by Gears. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
life343

--
28 Apr 2017 08:51 PM
    At one point in my prior life I was young and dumb which included allowing a young marriage to interfere with an active duty enlistment into army.  I have a DD214 Uncharacterized JFW Re-entry code 3. I have no criminal history and since that point I have served almost two decades in civilian public safety. I really regret not serving at least a full contract in service and I have a calling to serve in some capacity. Can I join coast guard auxiliary with a prior DD214 JFW Reentry code 3? I am not Trying to get paid in any capacity I.e. Go reserve or active just auxiliary.  Do I have any chance at all or is my chances of ever cleaning up that young and dumb mistake  pretty much  f******?
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    28 Apr 2017 09:12 PM
    Your 214 status has no bearing on AUX participation, as it's a volunteer organization, albeit a very valuable one.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    01 May 2017 07:59 AM
    CPORJM is correct that this is a volunteer organization, and your RE-3 code is fine.

This does not apply to you, however, for general information a DD214 code of RE-4 is not eligible to join.
    life343

--
    05 May 2017 06:38 PM
    This is good news as I thought I was essentially stuck to just live with it on my shoulder. If I'm willing to truly commit the time into training and classes. How active can I become as an auxiliary member? Are auxiliary members if they pass classes and obtain proper certifications can they be ever integrated with reserve and active units as long as they are willing to be unpaid for their time.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    06 May 2017 12:22 PM
    You can be as active as you want to be in an AUX flotilla. Understand that as an AUX member, you don't have the authority under 14USC89 to conduct any of the LE missions. Look here for specific AUX info...https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/14/part-II/chapter-23
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    life343

--
    06 May 2017 04:45 PM
    I didn't expect that as an auxiliary member I would be allowed to directly participate in any type of law enforcement activity. Coming from essentially a fire/Ems background my entire adult life LE is not really what I was looking for anyways. I just was wanting to serve the local flotilla in any manner I could based on the training I was allowed to undertake. Which I truly was hoping part of my time could be dedicated toward SAR. SAR falls much more in line with my prior background and it appears their isn't always enough available SAR assets or personnel. I highly appreciate the feedback and it will be put to good use.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    07 May 2017 06:05 PM
    If you wish, you can qualify and serve with the active duty. The station responsible for out AOR has aux serving as watchstanders, and I believe one who gets underway as crew. There have been recent solicitations for Aux to serve. They want people to qualify to work in the galley, and while this is mostly at stations several have serves on cutters, including one on the polar roller down to Antarctica. There was also a recent request for a clergy program, and another for people with construction/architecture. That said, mostly we educate the public so the active duty don't have to go out so often.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    08 May 2017 01:55 PM
    Auxiliarists can volunteer as much or as little as they want. At a previous unit we had an Auxiliarist who stood communications watch almost every day at our station. As far as I know she still volunteers and is an invaluable member of the crew. At my current unit we had an Auxiliarist who sailed with us for a couple of patrols. And, recently we had several Auxiliarists augment our crew during Fleet Week which was a huge help.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement