Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Deployment and Overseas jobs?
Last Post 19 May 2017 07:03 AM by Auxnoob. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DaMaverick

--
13 May 2017 11:16 PM
    How often does Auxiliary get deployment opportunities overseas and within the U.S. volunteer and paid positions?  I have read there at times are paid positions if they need to fill in a civilian spot that is on a payroll.  Also has anyone ever gotten payroll position within the Auxiliary or Coast Guard branches and outside these branches like either in a corporate payroll or another military branch payroll?  

I want to really volunteer, make new friends, and travel within the Auxiliary and Coast Guard even if I have to pay for my own travel expenses.  I also would like to go on Coast Guard ships to do volunteer as well even if it is outside my job roles I originally applied for in IT. I want to develop new skills that could help me in the future outside IT.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 May 2017 02:08 PM
    I have never hard of auxiliary deploying overseas. You might be able to go on a tiger cruise, that's typically for family. But auxiliary will not be stationed on a cutter. You will never assume a paid position. Auxiliary does not go through any sort of boot camp.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    eirikr1

--
    16 May 2017 09:16 AM
    some of the interpreter corps have deployed overseas and some of the MT qualified have also done so as inspectors in foreign ports. Extremely limited; you won't be joining and getting "shipped out" anytime soon after.

If you "rub shoulders" with the Active duty side you might get wind of an opportunity for CG civilian paid position or a civilian contractor Paid position opening up. (well, it's possible, i guess) If you jumped on it and got it, that's great, but you would be working and getting paid as a CG civilian or civilian contractor and NOT as an auxiliarist. auxies are volunteers, not paid employees, period.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    19 May 2017 06:58 AM
    To add to what has been noted: eirik1 is correct about auxies being deployed as interpreters. Some auxies have been aboard cutters as cooks in the galley. I have heard of several on the smaller cutters with shorter patrols. The crew has had them working on quals aboard, too, just for the experience. There was an auxie aboard the Polar Star on its last cruise to Antarctica, again in the galley (possibly a second one?). The Aux has a food prep training program to support the active duty since there has been a shortfall in that area. That said, those are the rare exceptions.

Most often as aux you will likely do either food prep through that training program, or watchstanding (handling communications - phone and radio) at a local station. More rarely, but possible if you are physically and mentally up to the challenge, work toward and qualify as crew on a small boat. This requires a great deal of time to qualify and to maintain those quals. Be aware different stations have different attitudes about the aux serving there. Ours is very supportive of the aux. My older son was a watchstander and working on boatcrew before he enlisted.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    19 May 2017 07:03 AM
    I meant to add I know of one aux in Bahrain. Special case as she was there as aux while her husband was stationed there.

Also, as eirik1 stated, this is all volunteer. You pay for dues, uniforms and travel. In rare training cases your travel and expenses might be covered. But mostly its on you.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement