Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Ok, here it goes.
Last Post 16 Jul 2012 02:38 PM by LeslieJackson. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
sardaddy

--
07 Dec 2008 04:21 AM
    I guess it is only fair to post my info after reading all of yours but I don't really like these because it always feels like I am either bragging or not providing information anyone cares about anyway.

I have been in the Coast Guard for about nine years as a helicopter pilot flying various versions of the H-65. I have been stationed in Borinquen, Puerto Rico, Mobile, Alabama, and now Port Angeles, Washington. I have had the opportunity to work with most Air Stations in the country and have worked with many small boat stations and cutters, as well, in the course of my job.

Before all of that I spent ten years in the Army. First as an enlisted member doing avionics work and then as a warrant officer flying AH-64 Apaches.

I just realized the other day that I have been in the military longer than I was a civilian so I guess I have been doing this for a long time.

I originally came onto this site a couple of years ago when xshiprider found me on another forum and asked me to come over to help a guy with a question about being a CG pilot and have come here on occassion ever since.

Thats about it. I am certainly willing to help with any questions you may have about CG life or operations. Just ask.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 12/6/2008 8:26:28 PM GMT

Nothing_No1

--
    07 Dec 2008 03:59 PM
    Hello! Thanks for extending the invite for questions! I'm currently waiting to go to basic, jan 20, and i'm seriously interested in an aviation rate. I'll probably be pm'ing you some questions if you dont mind.
    Graduate of Recruit Company Alfa-181
    Jan 20 2009 - Mar 13 2009

'Diamonds are made under pressure.'
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    07 Dec 2008 05:27 PM
    I'll answer what I can on that although it will be info gathered from mechs on the hangar deck not from me as I am just an outsider looking in on the enlisted side.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    XShipRider

--
    09 Dec 2008 12:01 AM
    Sardaddy,

We do care and you have been a terrific resource to so many. I like the fact that we have a decent cross section of folks here to offer advice, opinion and links to valid info.

I think you've earned some bragging rights, whether you believe it or not.

Best regards,
    X
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    09 Dec 2008 12:45 AM
    sar....

i concur.
    you as well have been a valuable resource to this forum.

don't short sell yourself!

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    ISC Kodiak, Alaska

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    kricket

--
    09 Dec 2008 08:58 PM
    DEFINATELY!!! I tell you what, there has been so many CG changes since my husband retired in 2000 that I flat out don't know how to answer some of the questions asked here. Its great to have your knowledge here! I've learned alot, since we now have two of our sons in the CG.

Proud Coastie Mom and Chief's Wife!

Proud Coastie Mom and Chief's Wife!
    LeslieJackson

--
    16 Jul 2012 02:38 PM
    Hi I am interested in applying for the Officer Program.My recruiter said applications are due in January so I am preparing until then. You seem to be very knowledgeable and I am having the hard time finding coast guard pilots that went through OCS to talk to? Would you mind reading my first post and answering some of my questions? Thank you
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement