Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Medical Waiver / MEPS DQ
Last Post 31 Mar 2021 03:31 PM by jdhusker. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Resolved
AveryB2134

--
23 May 2017 07:50 AM
    Long story short, I said the wrong thing at the wrong time and got a MEPS DQ for "chronic diarrhea," a condition that I don't have. Anyways, when my recruiter contacted me about my DQ, he offered to submit a waiver. This gave me some hope, because I know that he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to. So, my parents and I submitted letters denying this diagnosis; I even went to my family doctor and got a letter. So what are the chances of my waiver getting approved and how long does the process usually take? Any info is helpful. Thanks!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    23 May 2017 09:26 AM
    We can't tell you the odds. All of your medical records will have be reviewed before a decision can be made. Stay in touch with your recruiter.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    23 May 2017 09:28 AM
    No one here will know what the chances are of the waiver getting approved. I will say that because you've provided some solid documentation, you've improved your odds. There is one medical officer at Recruiting Command who reviews the waiver requests. It just will depend on his/her workload, as to length of time
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Laussade

--
    15 Mar 2018 08:46 PM
    I think my sons recruiter droped the ball she kept saying he went to MEPS when he never did and then sending a waiver on him that got disqualified how can he appeal this?
    Thanks for your time in advance
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    16 Mar 2018 06:13 AM
    There are some pieces missing from your question for us to give you a complete answer. What was the waiver for? How far along in the process was your son? What did his recruiter actually say?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Mar 2018 06:47 AM
    She very well may have confused your son with another recruit. Have your son call back, ask to speak to the Recruiter in Charge. Tell him/her that the recruiter you're working with has stated that you have been to MEPS and you have not. Don't say it in an accusatory tone, just ask that the situation be cleared up. You would like more definitive answers as to why you may have been DQ'ed without having been to MEPS.

Unless it is something that is medically disqualifying. She may have sent paperwork over to MEPS, they said no without seeing him (that does happen), the recruiter initiated paperwork for a waiver, denied, done.

Best of luck... Feel free t post info here, ask questions here, even vent here if you like. But let your son handle calls and followup information. It will look bad if the parent jumps in too quickly to figure out things. Also, if it is a permanently disqualifying thing and there is nothing more to do, than he gets practice handling something tough on his own. Win win with that.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    The mom

--
    29 Mar 2021 09:54 AM
    My son passed MEPS no issues. Two weeks later he went back to swear in and was asked if anything had change since his last visit. My son answered yes he had a doctors appt. MEPS requested all the medical records for the appointment which were provided to MEPS. The doctor diagnosed my son with Chronic Sinusitis and now he is disqualified from joining the CG. What can he do to be qualified to join? Should he have surgery and after 2 years will he be able to enlist? Very disappointing current outcome he has spent 1 year going through the process. Thank you for your time. All recommendations or suggestions are welcome.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    31 Mar 2021 03:31 PM
    Well in general if someone has a disqualifying condition they can correct the issue and reenlist with a waiver. As long as the disqualifier is corrected then there shouldn't be an issue. I dont know anything about Sinusitis so I cant speak to that specific situation though.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement