Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Required knowledge question
Last Post 13 Jan 2018 06:03 PM by TombRaider330. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Xray

--
11 Jun 2017 10:16 AM
    So I'm leaving a couple weeks and I've been studying the helmsman. But my recruiter is telling me that I have to get a 90 on a required knowledge quiz or else I won't go to boot camp. I've been trying to look at forums on here for more information on this but nothing so far. But does that sound accurate? Also he told me I can use my phone, ask a recruiter, or phone a friend.
    jjordan864

--
    11 Jun 2017 02:45 PM
    Have you been studying all the required knowledge found in the Helmsman?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    11 Jun 2017 04:27 PM
    One of the things I've read is the Recruiters are getting more involved with the recruits prep to help cut down on the wash out rate at boot camp. My son was quized and they had PT workouts and tests before he shipped. If he couldn't pass the PT test he wasn't going to be allowed to ship.

Also believe what your recruiter tells you. They and MEPS control if you ship out or not.
    Xray

--
    11 Jun 2017 10:54 PM
    Yes, I've been studying and having people help me memerize things but it's still a lot. I started studying it about a week and half ago right after I graduated high school because my recruiter wanted me to focus on my school to make sure I pass and graduate. So it's just been a lot to memerize and then take a test on all of it that decides whether you go to boot camp. Just very stressful trying to get everything situated to leave and then on top of it study.
    cdeperna

--
    08 Jan 2018 02:51 AM
    That is great your recruiter is trying to prep you with CG knowledge. When you get to Cape May you will be given an additional packet of required knowledge to learn, something new every week on top of classes. All the while you are sleep deprived and being taken to the back of the class to do pushups/ situps/ squats etc if you aren't sitting or looking like a recruit should. It's rough! Learn everything you can now and thank you recruiter for the extra help. There were people in my company that got reverted early on because they didnt know basic helmsman knowledge. Good luck!
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    08 Jan 2018 04:26 PM
    I hate to say it Xray but boot camp is a lot more stressful than taking a required knowledge test your recruiter made up. Just think of it as a prerequisite for getting the job. If you don't meet the requirements, you don't get the job. Your one job is to exceed the PT requirements and know all of the required knowledge. If you're out of high school, you have nothing but time.
    Also, if your recruiter said you have to do it, then it is accurate. He doesn't have to send you if he doesn't think you're prepared. You can do it. Get your learn on...and when you're taking a break from learning, go out for a job or do some push ups and sit ups.
    lilq824

--
    13 Jan 2018 10:12 AM
    Wow. I went to boot camp in March and my recruiter didn't have a test I'd have to take. Granted, at the end of the DEP Meetings/workouts, we stood in a circle and were asked required knowledge questions. But there was no physical test.
    TombRaider330

--
    13 Jan 2018 06:03 PM
    hi lilq824 how was depot in March last year? if all goes well on my end there is a possibility I may get shipped out around March..crossing fingers. are you in reserve by chance? how is your experience so far? how's A School? sorry, just curious (maybe a bit nervous too lol) and excited at the same time
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement