Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DQ Advice needed.
Last Post 14 Aug 2017 07:48 PM by Wedder. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CGdreams

--
24 Jun 2017 07:30 AM
    Need advice!  Submitted all medical records, and Recruiter had to send back for a waiver.  Records go to Chief Medical Officer, returned to Recruiter as DQ.  None of the reasons make any sense...medical records indicate Depression, Anxiety and Asthma; however...they were only listed as possibilities, not actual diagnoses.  Is it possible to have evaluations to prove that these issues do not exist, or have the doctors who listed them as possibilities write letters saying that these were not actual diagnoses?  This cannot be the end of the line.  if they were actually diagnosed conditions, I would understand, or if I was examined at MEPS and then DQ, I could even understand.  Just because my medical records had those words as possibilities should not DQ me.  Does anyone have any experience with this or advice?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    24 Jun 2017 10:18 PM
    Don't know the correct answer but who put those terms in your medical records?
    CGdreams

--
    25 Jun 2017 06:11 AM
    The Doctor... the notes actually say "seeing patient today for possible Depression and anxiety issues."  BUT they never actually diagnosed me with it.  I went to see a therapist 2 times after a death in the family and a bad breakup...something I chose to do to talk to someone completely unrelated.  And now those two visits are keeping me from the CG.  I can't even get a letter from the doctor correcting it, because the decision is apparently final.  My recruiter is on leave until next month, so I have to wait to talk to him.  It just seems crazy to me that they disqualified me by just reading something.  I never had an examination at MEPS...all I want is to be seen by their doctors and if they tell me "No" then I could live with the decision.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    25 Jun 2017 10:43 PM
    Something isn't adding up. Are you sure your paperwork was not sent to MEPS? And your DQ is actually by MEPS? The need for a CG waiver comes after you go to MEPS. Unless there has been a big change in procedure.
    Wedder

--
    14 Aug 2017 07:48 PM
    I'm in a similar position CGdreams. For a brief period of time I was being prescribed a medication for ADD/ADHD however I was never diagnosised with the condition and I have been off the medication for 2 years. I am being told that this is disqualifying, but my recruiter is helping me through the Appeal process. They are requesting 3 years medical records as well as some other info. To help make my case stronger, I have prepared a personal statement. I will also being getting a medical diagnosis for the alleged condition with the hopes that having a medical professional assert that I do not have the condition will sway MEPS decision.

I am still in the process of getting this resolved.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement