Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
November-179
Last Post 04 Jun 2008 07:24 AM by valma89. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
valma89

--
01 Jun 2008 07:53 AM
    I just graduated this past Friday, May 30th. Bootcamp was by far the craziest and hardest thing I've ever done! Thankfully I didn't get reverted or rephased and I got to see my family and graduate on time. I'm getting stationed in Seattle, Washington on USCGC Polar Sea! If anyone has any questions about bootcamp I'd be more than happy to tell you anything and everything you need to know about it. It's definately WORTH IT!

-SA ALMA

vtecmarco

--
    01 Jun 2008 02:51 PM
    Congratulations!!! Im going to BC this Tuesday. shocked
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    02 Jun 2008 06:40 PM
    Congratulations on your boot camp graduation. My daughter is heading to the Polar Sea as well. Her report date is June 14th. She's been in the Coast Guard nearly two years but just graduated from MST A School last week. Anyway, who knows, your paths might just cross somewhere along the line!

Laurie
    Mom to
    MST3 Nikole - USCGC Polar Sea and SNOS Danyell - USCGC Boutwell

valma89

--
    02 Jun 2008 07:09 PM
    whoa thats awesome! from what i hear the polar sea is like the "cadillac" of the coast guard. did she ask for that unit??

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    02 Jun 2008 07:36 PM
    It was a pretty cool thing for her because all she ever wanted to do in the Coast Guard was work on an icebreaker as an MST. And as it turned out, her A school class was offered that one afloat billet. All the rest were MSUs or sectors. She got first pick because she was top of her class so she grabbed it! I guess one of her classmates tried to get her to swap billets with him but no way. She's really excited about it and I'm sure it'll be quite an adventure for both of you.

Laurie

russo

--
    02 Jun 2008 08:00 PM
    Valma- what was the hardest part of bootcamp? Any stories or experiences you could share would be really cool!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Miller

--
    02 Jun 2008 10:55 PM
    is the physical really hard like hundreds of pushups at once?
    BM3 Miller

Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    03 Jun 2008 10:10 AM
    valma~congratulations!

i hope you enjoy your adventures on the polar sea.

my daughter is on a cutter in alaska. you adventure
    will be difficult and hard, but you will have the time of
    your life!

i wish you luck!

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    USCGC Alex Haley, Kodiak, AK
    "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    pakzone08

--
    03 Jun 2008 08:15 PM
    Miller CC don't really count how many push-up or flutter kicks you do. You just continue until they tell you to stop!!! My son had the opportunity to do push-ups for 35 minutes straight, and he loved it.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Geezerdude

--
    03 Jun 2008 09:03 PM
    valma89 - Way ta go dude - way ta go. Now go have fun.

Miller - Killer dude - it's killer. Now go have fun.

skull
    valma89

--
    04 Jun 2008 07:24 AM
    thanks to everyone who replied :) im excited for my orders. i leave this thursday! but to answer russo's question, the hardest part of bootcamp BY FAR is knowing all of your required knowledge. thats the number one thing that gets you jacked up. also getting everything done within the time objectives is a killer too. the reason why those 2 are the hardest are because those are the 2 main reasons why people end up getting smoked!! and yes i have a bunch of funny stories...way too many to post right now! but just know that alot of CC's do/say some pretty funny stuff. i think they do it on purpose to test your military bearing and self disciple. i pushed the deck a few times for laughing. NOT SMART though because someone got reverted into our company for laughing too much

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement