Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DCO - alternate question
Last Post 04 Jun 2019 01:14 AM by SeanMM. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Sgt1982

--
10 Aug 2017 09:41 AM
    Is getting called as an alternate to have fingerprints taken (after eQip) a good sign? Or it is normal for all alternates to have their fingerprints taken at meps?
    gypsyjoe11

--
    01 Sep 2017 10:01 AM
    Normally that is done when you first enlist. What number are you on the list? Did your recruiter call you? My wife is 1st DCE alternate and got a call a couple of weeks ago from her recruiter that Recruiting Command told him they are looking at choosing from the alternate list and wanted him to make sure his people had everything done. For some reason the HSs from her last unit left her color blind results off so she had to get that done again.
    gypsyjoe11

--
    01 Sep 2017 04:35 PM
    I asked my wife and she said it sounds like they are prepping you for the same reason they had her make sure all her stuff was done. That is they have a good idea that they will be needing alternates.
    Sgt1982

--
    02 Sep 2017 03:12 PM
    gypsyjoe11 thanks for your response. My recruiter called me a few times, for fingerprints once, and also because Recruiting Command requested some documents from my Army enlistment, but he has no relevant information. Hopefully, they will be needing some (maybe ALL of them) alternates. Good luck to your wife.
    AndreCa86

--
    05 Sep 2017 07:36 AM
    Hi everyone, I am alternate #2 for DCE, I got the call last Thursday!!!! They are calling alternates so make sure your package its perfect! All your information updated! I signed my letter of intent, now I am waiting for more information, no idea what to expect!
    gypsyjoe11

--
    05 Sep 2017 08:30 AM
    My wife found out last Friday morning. They didn't call her, the recruiter just emailed the letter. Luckily she wasn't on leave and checked her CG Email. So make sure and check your Coast Guard email.
    AndreCa86

--
    06 Sep 2017 10:27 AM
    well I am in the Navy so I don't have access to CG stuff, but if you know anything before me please let us know! Thank you
    gypsyjoe11

--
    14 Sep 2017 04:31 PM
    My wife got an email that she's being commissioned beginning of December and attending school in June of 2018? Anyone else attending school so far out?
    gypsyjoe11

--
    27 Sep 2017 08:14 AM
    We talked to someone who just graduated and found all the details out about the school. She's looking forward to going.
    AndreCa86

--
    04 Oct 2017 12:21 PM
    gypsyjoe11 Can you share some information about DCO school please?

Also, how's your wife's process going? Do you know where are you going?
    gypsyjoe11

--
    05 Oct 2017 07:50 AM
    The detailer sent us a list of 14 positions and she emailed them back to him in order of preference. He said he was hoping to get her orders out the last part of Sept or the first part of Oct. We didn't get them last month so we're hoping they'll come this week. Cross my fingers

The person we talked to was prior service so he didn't attend the first week. From what I hear they make the first week more like boot camp.

What questions did you have?
    MountainIN

--
    06 Oct 2017 04:55 AM
    Posted By AndreCa86 on 04 Oct 2017 01:21 PM
    gypsyjoe11 Can you share some information about DCO school please?

Also, how's your wife's process going? Do you know where are you going?

I went to DCO last year. What questions are you looking for? What is her specific accession program? I transferred as a comissioned Officer from another branch so my understanding of the first 1-2 weeks is limited to what was relayed to me by my classmates.
    SeanMM

--
    03 Jun 2019 05:25 PM
    This is a bit of an old post but here it is. I just got news that I am the #5 alternate on the unofficial list. Has anyone on here started as an alternate on the unofficial list and made it to the primary official list? My second question is, what is the time line in which alternates are notified? Thanks.
    -Sean
    kirkaland

--
    03 Jun 2019 07:19 PM
    Posted By SeanMM on 03 Jun 2019 06:25 PM
    This is a bit of an old post but here it is. I just got news that I am the #5 alternate on the unofficial list. Has anyone on here started as an alternate on the unofficial list and made it to the primary official list? My second question is, what is the time line in which alternates are notified? Thanks.
    -Sean

I know several who were picked up as alternates last year. Some were notified like a month after official results, some were not notified until several months later. It just depends on what the people in front of you do and what big Coast Guard decides.
    SeanMM

--
    04 Jun 2019 01:14 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I hope big Coast Guard gets the founding for the alternates lol.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement