Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
My Introduction
Last Post 02 Oct 2017 06:01 AM by Auxnoob. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
nzzmxx00

--
14 Aug 2017 02:34 AM
    Greetings all,

I am currently a 23-year-old finishing a BS+MS 5-to-6 year program (BS in Computer Science, MS in Network Engineering + Security), so I have around 12 to 16 months until I have to make a definitive decision about my future.  I am learning what I can about the military, as certain MOS fields seem incredibly invigorating and uniquely badass, such as becoming a Navy or USCG pilot, attempting to make the cut for USSF either as an 18x-ray, or more likely due to my qualifications, after OCS [1000000 to 1, I know, I know...].  Bes Allah b'tarrf, lah wullah ay?  Today I completed a mash up of an APFT and a PAST to cover all bases, and did 81 push ups in 2 min, 102 sit ups, 14 pullups and ran 2 miles in about 11 min.  

I would like to hit 100-105 with the pushups, get closer to 20 pullups, reduce my 2 mile run time by at least 20 seconds and of course complete a 2x25m underwater swim as well as a timely 500m side stroke.

- Naval or CG Pilot, I would hope to be ace enough to get a shot in an F-18 or F-35 if and when that rolls out in an expansive way, and I believe my expertise in understanding Networking, computing, programming, etc.. will help me pick up the science of flight.  I would of course still not have a single complaint if I ended up piloting a rotary craft or a SIGINT/EW fixed wing surveillance bird.

- US Army SF enlisted or after OCS, given my making it through SFAS and completing the Q course.  I speak Arabic already, so the language req. won't be daunting, and my SAT score was 2300 so I'm sure my ASVAB will reflect that level of smartful brain-ness.

- USMC infantry officer, work ass off for a Recon school slot, knock that outta the park, jump school, USMC Dive School, CQB, etc.., FORECON or Amphib Recon team leader

EDIT:  Also, maybe this shit is too tough for my ass and I can't make it through,  That is not how my brain thinks about life, but I know that any pursuit can end in abject failure.

Ryucrat

--
    30 Sep 2017 04:00 PM
    Look on the bright side! You're living, breathing, and have the heart to serve for your country. I wish you the best of luck, nzzmxx00, and God bless.
    "The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow if I can.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    30 Sep 2017 11:02 PM
    Well don't hold your breath on getting a fighter slot in the Coast Guard. Remember this, while you think you are Sierra Hotel there are a lot of men and women who just might be better, but they are humble about it.

Being an Officer or NCO/Petty Officer is all about being a servant to others. Others before self comes to mind. If you want to be an officer start researching now because each branch has its own different process's to fill officer slots. OCS is probably that hardest to get into because that path is only used normally to make up the shortfall if academy and ROTC programs can't fill the man power requirements. In times of cutting manpower, OCS classes are smaller. You might be too late to attempt entry to the USMC PLC program.

ROTC programs are usually the last two years of college. Good luck.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Auxnoob

--
    02 Oct 2017 06:01 AM
    Possibility exists of CG Direct Commission Engineer program based on your education. It would likely be an cyber path. That would not keep you from applying to flight school. Doesn't mean you would get picked up for either. Look closely at the gocoastguard website for Active Duty Officers. Also download the O-JAK from that site. This will help you get some of the information you are looking for.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement