Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Air Station Corpus
Last Post 28 Aug 2017 08:55 AM by m1ashooter. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
m1ashooter

--
26 Aug 2017 11:18 AM
    Interesting storm so far.  So far air crews from Corpus have rescued 19 people from the gulf in doggie weather conditions.  19 people returned to their loved ones.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    26 Aug 2017 12:01 PM
    be safe and keep us posted as you are able
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    26 Aug 2017 11:21 PM

Here is one of the rescues. Houston now getting hit hard. Some areas over 5 inches of rain in an hour. A lot of roads closed now. Homes are starting to flood. Rock Port has major damage. Mustang Island off of Corpus is tore up.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-w...991654.php
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 Aug 2017 09:06 PM
    My ex lives just outside of Houston. They've lost just about everything. Water was over 15 feet in their house. They had to be rescued. Where they live is an area that shouldn't have seen flooding. They were dry Saturday night. Woke up Sunday morning to a flooded house.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    27 Aug 2017 09:38 PM
    Old Guard this is really bad for many people. We are dry. As expected neighbors are helping neighbors. People with gas and boats are going into neighborhoods to bring people out. Our Coasties are doing an outstanding job. So far they have conducted 200 helicopter rescues and 1000 by small boat.

It will only get worse as up stream water flows to the metro. This is Texas and as you know everything is bigger in Texas
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    28 Aug 2017 07:31 AM
    M1, where are you in Texas? They are in Friendswood. I know my ex was probably feeling pretty helpless. Here he is a retired Coastie and he needed to be rescued. Our son was talking to him and said "Dad, not to sound like a total ass, but did you call the Coast Guard?" He called 911 but because he lives in a 2 story house and only the downstairs was flooded, they told him stay on the second floor. He was not a priority. People in single story homes or those on the roof were taking precedence. Completely understandable. They got out but I can't imagine what he, his wife and their son went through, just waiting. My heart is broken for him and all my fellow Texans. I lived in Fort Worth and would return tomorrow if I had the opportunity. Texas is big, but so are Texans hearts. I was watching the volunteers lining up with their boats and saving people. I couldn't walk away from the news yesterday. Stay safe my friend.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    28 Aug 2017 08:55 AM
    We live in Kingwood which is north east of the George Bush Airport and north of the San Jacento River. The river is 14 feet above flood stage. We actually are on high ground. Downtown is flooded. I just talked to a friend of mine who is helping coordinate air ops. We have aircrews, maintainers and helicopters from all over the country helping. We also have small boats and teams here and enroute.

I heard from a mom whose son is at station Houston who got flooded out of their apt and can't get to the station. So what do they do. They start rescuing people around them. I watched a news report approach some squared away young men pulling up in Kayaks. She asks them why they were here? He reply's I'm in the United States Army its what we do.

Houston will be fine it will just take time. On a brighter note Galveston Island is in good shape.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement