Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Just graduated... ask away
Last Post 20 Nov 2017 12:57 PM by jjordan864. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jjordan864

--
31 Aug 2017 08:44 PM
    i just graduated ask away
    23CG

--
    01 Sep 2017 03:41 AM
    Congratulations.
    What was the hardest part of boot camp?
    Anything that you recommend taking?
    Any general advise for someone about to leave to boot camp?
    ml1230

--
    01 Sep 2017 01:11 PM
    Congrats!

What were the go to exercises the CCs used for IT?
    How exactly does the PT test scoring work? Last I heard, there's a scale that allowed for your strong sections to pick up the slack for your weaker one, e.g. low pushup score bolstered by high run, etc.
    Is it an automatic discharge for failing the PT test or are recruits given the privilege of extra PT and another chance?

Much obliged.
    Scoob

--
    01 Sep 2017 10:16 PM
    x2 ml1230

Also, when you're doing a company run, what is the pace?
    jjordan864

--
    04 Sep 2017 12:18 AM
    about the go to exercises... the helmsman defines that clearly = pushups, sit ups, crunches. Be able to knock out as many as you can and definitely do not settle for the bare minimum on what the helmsman says if you it says 29 pushups in a min be able to do more. I was not a good runner so I had a hard time with that. be physically ready... I can not stress that enough.

as far as a scale for stronger areas picking up the slack over others, I never heard such but if your recruiter tests your physical abilities before you ship out you should be ready just do your best don't think about failing the PT test.

the pace is good im not a good runner and I made it I was able to keep up with no hesitation.

the best advice I can give you is study your required knowledge before shipping <-- (everything your recruiter is gonna tell you). Dont do stupid stuff haha Youll find that out on your own. But just go with n open mind and leave your problems at home and bad habits as well, your joining the military so be the best you that you can be haha sounds cheesy but its true.

The hardest part of boot camp was myself. In the beginning things were very hard and at times I wanted to quit I had to keep motivating myself and pushing myself to continue so I would say adapting t their standards was my struggle.
    Strix

--
    13 Sep 2017 10:52 PM
    What was the average day Like? When did they do the PT test? Week 1, or 4? Do they allow you time inside boot camp to arrange for a place to live at your first duty station, or is that left for 5 days of leave after?
    Jellis997

--
    04 Nov 2017 01:43 PM
    My son just left on Tuesday. When would he be able to write home? I heard not until week 3?
    Joslen15

--
    04 Nov 2017 05:54 PM
    How does the wish list work? I understand it's a dream sheet and you write where you would like to go most, but what does it consist of? Did you receive your first selection?
    Myla

--
    11 Nov 2017 12:12 PM
    Are there any frequently asked drill / knowledge questions that trip ppl up? What were they?
    1234bbg

--
    13 Nov 2017 01:29 PM
    Did you get the smallpox vaccine?
    jjordan864

--
    20 Nov 2017 11:57 AM
    They will allow him to write about week 3, I noticed when I received mail and looking at the postage stamp was usually about 4 - 5 days from the time It was sent to when I actually received it. But that could vary depending on where you live in the US.
    jjordan864

--
    20 Nov 2017 11:59 AM
    I can tell you that they will give you what you do not have already, if you have received small pox and its up to date they prob wont give it but I do not remember about that vaccination. ask your recruiter about vaccinations they will answer that one better
    jjordan864

--
    20 Nov 2017 12:52 PM
    All the questions they will ask you are found in the helmsman that will give you before you leave for boot camp
    jjordan864

--
    20 Nov 2017 12:57 PM
    you basically said it you write down what you really want and pray you get it. I was boot to A school so I didn't fill out a dream sheet
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement