Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Reverted
Last Post 09 Nov 2017 01:13 PM by Old Guard2. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dork3217

--
14 Sep 2017 12:30 AM
    So my boyfriend has been at boot camp since August 22, 2017. In week two he was pushed back a week for medical reasons. Now a friend of mine is saying that there is a rumor that he was reverted and has to stay another week. Is there any way to find out what is going on for sure? Any answers would help.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    14 Sep 2017 08:02 AM
    There isn't a way unless he calls you to tell you.

**He can also write to tell you** mod edit - OldGuard
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Sep 2017 04:16 PM
    If he was in Bravo Company and is now Charlie Company, he was either reverted or rephrased. That means, yes, he is staying an additional week. Medical reasons are called "rephrased" that still requires them to remain in Cape May for an additional week. Reverted is generally for everything other than medical. That will also require you staying in Cape May to enjoy Camp Fed just a little longer.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Dork3217

--
    15 Sep 2017 12:13 AM
    I was talking to someone and I was told that they have three times of being reverted before they have to go before a review board. what happens when they go before the review board and what would cause the recruit to be sent home? The first time he was rephrased and then he got reverted. does being rephrased count against his three times before he goes before the board?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Sep 2017 07:54 AM
    Rephased is medical. That is typically not counted against them. Don't focus so hard on any of this. MANY Coasties get rephrased and reverted. They go on to have very successful careers in the CG. Just write supportive, encouraging, upbeat letters. He will get through this. He isn't the first, he won't be the last. I get the concern but just be positive.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    LadyMalpica

--
    07 Nov 2017 06:11 PM
    My husband is/was in Hotel 195 and I got the dreaded phone call he is coming home because they found he has a serious dental issue. Is this an automatic disqualifying issue? Can he go back in? His issue cannot be corrected, only maintained. I am distraught we put our whole lives on the line for this. Is there any hope?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Nov 2017 07:43 AM
    I'm so very sorry to hear this about your husband. If it is something that cannot be fixed, only maintained and is a DQ, it is a DQ forever. You do not have to answer but may I ask what the problem is? Dental is typically something, that if you are sent home for it, you get it corrected and you are welcome to try again. I can't imagine what might be permanently disqualifying and not correctable. Again, you don't have to answer and my apologies this didn't work out as you had both planned.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    LadyMalpica

--
    09 Nov 2017 11:16 AM
    He apparently has periodontal gum disease. I had no idea he takes better care of his teeth then I do so I don’t understand any of this. He is in the DHE right now and is suppose to be coming home tomorrow and I still haven’t heard anything. Do you think they decided to keep him? I don’t know anything about the military or how anything works. I am lost, and confused.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Nov 2017 01:13 PM
    You won't hear from him until he is at the airport. He'll call to tell you what time his flight arrives. No, once it is done, it is done. They didn't change their minds. I am truly sorry you put your life on hold to do this but something is waiting for you both in another place. Very best of luck.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement