Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Transportation to MEPS ship date
Last Post 13 Oct 2017 04:30 PM by riverdan. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
riverdan

--
11 Oct 2017 03:48 PM
    Hey Coasties,
     The information I am finding on the internet is that the USCG is the only branch that doesn't provide transportation for new recruits from their residence to MEPS ? Is this a true statement ?

Thanks,
    USN Veteran

Ryucrat

--
    11 Oct 2017 04:00 PM
    I am assuming, because I haven't asked, that people going into the service have A WAY to get to Meps. I'm shipping next Tuesday and the Coast Guard is booking me in a hotel near MEPS. I'm 99% positive they could find some way to transport you from your residence to the hotel if they knew you had no source of transportation.
    "The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow if I can.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    m1ashooter

--
    11 Oct 2017 05:33 PM
    They told my son to be at x hotel both times for his next day MEPS experience.  The other branches might take them because they don't want them to back out
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Oct 2017 07:04 PM
    From their residence??? You realize a recruiter in Chicago can get recruits out of Door County, Wisconsin. That's a 7ish hour drive. How are they supposed to accommodate all recruits with that sort of luxury???
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Ryucrat

--
    11 Oct 2017 09:09 PM
    Exactly my point OG! To be blunt, we're unicorns, a.k.a. rare sightings. If you can't afford to get up and find SOME SORT of transportation to the hotel provided, you aren't cut to be a Coastie.

P.S. Got my shipper contract done today, shipping out next Tuesday! Super stoked!!
    "The Road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow if I can.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    12 Oct 2017 05:55 AM
    The information I am finding on the internet is that the USCG is the only branch that doesn't provide transportation for new recruits from their residence to MEPS ?

Typically, yes that is true. If you or someone you know needs transportation to MEPS let your recruiter know now so they can help you make arrangements to get there. Meanwhile, renting a car, taking public transportation, a taxi, or Uber are all options.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Oct 2017 08:19 AM
    Asking your mom. How do you think my son got anywhere? Ma, can you take me to the recruiter? Ma, can you take me to MEPS? Ma, can you take me to a gas station 25 miles away at 3 in the morning so I can meet with my recruiter getting his morning coffee and he'll take me the rest of the 30 mile trip to MEPS? (Yeah, that really did happen. I took him to a Valero at 3 in the morning because the recruiter was helping me by taking Colin for a 5am appt at MEPS. I was VERY GRATEFUL!)
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Ryucrat

--
    12 Oct 2017 06:22 PM
    And the award for 'Super Mom' goes to...
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Oct 2017 05:10 AM
    Nah, you just do what you gotta do. For my son, I would sell my kidney on the black market if I had to.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Scoob

--
    13 Oct 2017 09:09 AM
    We had an 16hr (roundtrip) drive to the nearest recruiting station and MEPS. Did that 3 times on our dime. Definitely wasn't fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    riverdan

--
    13 Oct 2017 04:12 PM
    Thanks to all for the quick responses to my inquiry
    riverdan

--
    13 Oct 2017 04:21 PM
    Thanks to all for your response to my inquiry and I believe I received the answer to my question thoroughly. 
    riverdan

--
    13 Oct 2017 04:25 PM
    Thank you for your candid and respectful response.
    riverdan

--
    13 Oct 2017 04:30 PM
    Posted By Gears on 12 Oct 2017 06:55 AM
    The information I am finding on the internet is that the USCG is the only branch that doesn't provide transportation for new recruits from their residence to MEPS ?

Typically, yes that is true. If you or someone you know needs transportation to MEPS let your recruiter know now so they can help you make arrangements to get there. Meanwhile, renting a car, taking public transportation, a taxi, or Uber are all options.

Thank you for your candid and respectful response.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement