Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hey everyone! I just Graduated! Go Oscar 179!
Last Post 15 Jun 2008 09:51 PM by coastiemom23. 21 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
urtruedestinee

--
10 Jun 2008 09:50 PM
    Hey! Its Destinee, I am back finally after 8 weeks of challenging obsticles and feeling like quiting, i am here and a much stronger person! Boot camp was hard but alot of fun, i already miss some aspects of it. I was put in the company Oscar 179 and we were pretty much the best company lol hehehe but seriously i was fortunate to awesome shipmates we recieved every pennant you can possibly earn which hasnt been done for some time now, we even got the battalion officers  pennant. I was the company Yeoman, that was alot of work i always had to know where the anyone in the company was and i had to do all the paper work and it was a mess but fun. I graduated top 3 in my class so i did pretty well! I am home on leave now for 21 days working as a recruiters assistant and then I am off to small boat station Morro Bay in Morro Bay, CA!! Yeaaa!! I am so excited! If you have any questions feel free to ask! I will talk to you later! Good luck to everyone!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Amy987

--
    10 Jun 2008 09:59 PM
    ooo! Congrats to you!! I'm going to BC within 6 months probably- any advice??
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Critters

--
    10 Jun 2008 10:01 PM
    Congrats Destinee : ) : ) : )

Colleen

Proud Coastie Mom of

Rivera, Lyndsey N.
    Station Cape May, NJ

Carroll, Jennifer
    USCG Reserves

Colleen

Proud Coastie Mom

Rivera, L. BM3
    USCG Police
    Cape May, NJ

Damelio, J BM1
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    10 Jun 2008 11:11 PM
    Congratulations! Glad to hear from you! I figured with your attitude you would do well and, although I'm often wrong, I'm glad I was right this time!

I watched a video about STA Morro Bay on the Coast Guard Channel a while back. It looks like a great place!

Keep in touch!<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 6/11/2008 12:34:40 AM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sasha

--
    11 Jun 2008 12:00 AM
    Congratulations Destinee!!!  :)

There's a Coast Guard Channel?  Where?  :-)

Marcia
    Proud Mom of Bobby
    N178 Grad date 12/7/07
    Station Atlantic City, NJ

Marcia
    Proud Mom of Bobby
    N178 Grad date 12/7/07

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    11 Jun 2008 12:02 AM
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sasha

--
    11 Jun 2008 12:08 AM
    Cable, Dish Network?????  How can I find it?

You're fast :-)

Marcia
    Proud Mom of Bobby
    N178 Grad date 12/7/07

Marcia
    Proud Mom of Bobby
    N178 Grad date 12/7/07

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JetblackSTRIFE

--
    11 Jun 2008 01:15 AM
    Congrats! I was just in Morro Bay around a month ago, it's a beautiful place!
    coastiemom23

--
    11 Jun 2008 01:29 AM
    That's awesome!!!! My son also graduated with O-179. Congratualations for your accomplishments!! I have enjoyed having my son home for a few days before he reports to his first duty station. My son graduated with honors and we are very proud of him as well. I'm not sure how he finished in his class although I believe it was also near the top since he did well throughout the 8 weeks and aced the final.. Again, congrats and good luck with your future...

valma89

--
    11 Jun 2008 09:23 PM
    wtf?? i was in November-179 and we had 6 pennants and you guys only had 2. the black and red one. how could you have gotten every single pennant on the regiment? the last company to get all the pennants (minus one) was India-179...

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Amy987

--
    12 Jun 2008 12:11 AM
    what are pennants??
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    12 Jun 2008 12:41 AM
    A pennant is a literally a small, tapering flag. Kinda like the Ohio state flag if you know what that looks like. In this case it refers to small flags that a company is awarded for accomplishing something special and that is attached to their guidon. I don't know what the specific pennants that are awarded at Cape May are; perhaps a recent grad will elaborate for us.<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 6/12/2008 2:00:17 AM GMT

coastiemom23

--
    12 Jun 2008 12:49 AM
    It is true!! O-179 won all 9 pennants that are possible to win. They are carried on the company flag. It has been a long time since another company has won that many. I will be able to tell you for sure once I get the video from the graduation. I remember them telling us about them but my mind so was scattered with pride that I didn't retain a lot of what they said. Congratulations Company O-179 grads!! You did a job well done!

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    12 Jun 2008 01:01 AM
    Well, then a hearty "WELL DONE" to Oscar 179!<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 6/12/2008 2:01:28 AM GMT

SharkB8

--
    12 Jun 2008 03:20 AM
    Wait a minute...you mean "awesome shipmates" like....Berry, Mike, right?<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 6/12/2008 4:23:57 AM GMT

SharkB8
    USCG Reserve
    Seaman - ISC Boston
    urtruedestinee

--
    12 Jun 2008 03:40 PM
    Heck yea!! hehehehe I miss you Berry...or should i say Droopy!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    southernbelle

--
    12 Jun 2008 10:13 PM
    Destinee- you already sound like a different person! Congratulations..sounds like you really kicked some butt there :-) I know you must be so proud of yourself as well as your family and friends proud of you. Enjoy your time off and best wishes with your move to CA... maybe we'll cross paths one day!

Again, congrats and great job!!!

****Sarah
    "And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Proud wife of SN Fox
    BM "A" School, Yorktown, VA

•·.·´¯`·.·•Sarah•·.·´¯`·.·•

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends"-John Lennon

Proud wife of Petty Officer Fox
    STA Port O'Connor, Ombudsman
    airborne_infantry

--
    12 Jun 2008 10:53 PM
    Congrats young defender of the coast of the American Empire.

Pax Americana

May we rule the wave for another 100 years to come.

anyway...

I still miss basic training. Being with good friends, always having a good meal, always having something to do. But the whole no women thing kind of sucked.
    coastiemom23

--
    13 Jun 2008 12:05 AM
    camps mom here : )

urtruedestinee

--
    14 Jun 2008 02:03 PM
    I figured you were Camps mom because he was the only one that Aced the final! LOL And i talked to him about this forum and he said that his mom wrote on here! hehehe He got the duty station I wanted and being the nice guy he is he was willing to switch with me but i didnt want that particular cutter so.....i really appreciated the thought though. You have a very intelligent son. You should be really proud! Congradulations to him and your family. Please tell him that if he has facebook to find me Destinee Winslow and Berry has started an Oscar 179 group on there so he should join to keep us udated. Congradulations again!
    Destinee

JDBUSH4386

--
    15 Jun 2008 08:45 AM
    valma89 said...
    wtf?? i was in November-179 and we had 6 pennants and you guys only had 2. the black and red one. how could you have gotten every single pennant on the regiment? the last company to get all the pennants (minus one) was India-179...
     india wasnt the last to get all the pennants.  Mike-179 was. 
    SN JODI BUSH
    USCG STA CHATHAM

coastiemom23

--
    15 Jun 2008 09:51 PM
    Destinee, It's fun to come on here and see others that spent those 8 weeks with my son. Yes, I am extremely proud of my son and yes he is very intelligent and kind. I am probably more proud of the kindness he shows others (mom thing). Every time I got to speak with him, I cried with joy. I think he was tired of hearing me cry all the time LOL. He is already in Honolulu and I miss him. Congrats on doing so well!! I know he has myspace too..

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement