Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
RAMP, ROC, performance trackers...
Last Post 04 Dec 2017 08:34 PM by BuckyCop. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jd200

--
21 Oct 2017 04:33 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks for all the great informative posts on this forum! Really helps prepare for what is to come in bootcamp.

I had a question about performance trackers.  I understand they are self-report.  Is it bad if you have none to submit?  

How bad is an ROC (Record of Counseling)?

What is RAMP and how bad is it?

Thanks all for the input.
    BuckyCop

--
    22 Oct 2017 11:30 AM
    Trackers are submitted at the end of each day, and if you have none to submit that is great. If you are given a tracker throughout the day, even from a CC from a different company, just put it down. The other CC will report that tracker to your CC's. Trackers aren't a big deal, learn from your mistake, submit it and don't do it again.

ROC isn't too bad either, my whole company got them for our racks one day, never got another one. Just like trackers, just don't let them add up.

RAMP is awful. I never experienced it, but one of my CC's was a sadistic ME1 who told us he loves being Lead for RAMP because you can just beat people all day. Recruits in RAMP wear Orange PFD shells so everyone knows they are in RAMP, they get extra attention in the galley and on the Regiment. Don't go to RAMP, regular recruit life if hard enough, you don't want 4 days of straight up beatings.
    jd200

--
    22 Oct 2017 09:06 PM
    Thank you for the response, BuckyCop.  Good to know.  

I was hoping there wasn't a sadistic downside to NOT submitting trackers. Like if I did everything I was supposed to do and had nothing to report, would the CCs somehow try to teach me a lesson for being cocky or something. 

My MO is definitely going to be doing what I gotta do, not complaining, and learning from any mistakes. Just wondering if its a situation like you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Thanks.
    OnABoat

--
    23 Oct 2017 12:16 PM
    Posted By BuckyCop on 22 Oct 2017 11:30 AM
    Trackers are submitted at the end of each day, and if you have none to submit that is great. If you are given a tracker throughout the day, even from a CC from a different company, just put it down. The other CC will report that tracker to your CC's. Trackers aren't a big deal, learn from your mistake, submit it and don't do it again.

ROC isn't too bad either, my whole company got them for our racks one day, never got another one. Just like trackers, just don't let them add up.

RAMP is awful. I never experienced it, but one of my CC's was a sadistic ME1 who told us he loves being Lead for RAMP because you can just beat people all day. Recruits in RAMP wear Orange PFD shells so everyone knows they are in RAMP, they get extra attention in the galley and on the Regiment. Don't go to RAMP, regular recruit life if hard enough, you don't want 4 days of straight up beatings.

I can second all this.  Stay away from RAMP!

And yes, not only was our CC sadistic, he loved joining in with other CC's to gang up on the verbal lashings of recruits.
    BuckyCop

--
    27 Oct 2017 08:28 PM
    Nah, if you have no trackers, it is all good.  There is a mind game, but it doesn't go that far from what I experienced.  Just keep your head down, know the required knowledge verbatim and understand it is all a game to see how you handle stress.  You'll be fine
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    28 Oct 2017 08:04 AM
    Hi.  Please define Sadistic to me with in your experience at boot camp.  As you are aware they go through selection boards, training and evaluations before they get to interact with the recruits.  I have yet seen one with the name of Petty Officer de Sade.
    jd200

--
    03 Nov 2017 08:11 PM
    Thanks all for the informative answers! Appreciate it.

BuckyCop

--
    04 Dec 2017 08:34 PM
    Sure, the sadistic ones are the ones who love beating recruits. They get off on it.  Sure all CC's beat on recruits, but you can tell the ones who enjoy it and the ones who do it to make you a better recruit and a better team.  It's a small percentage of CC's, but they are there.  Most stay within the limits of the program, but you can tell that subset that just gets off on the power.  90% of CC's are awesome (not while you are in training) and really care about making sure there is a quality product hitting the fleet, or at least something Station and Cutter personnel can work with.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement