Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
OCS-T November 2017 Selection Discussion
Last Post 06 Dec 2017 10:08 PM by cgmk1986. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
RTR920

--
26 Nov 2017 12:16 PM
    Good Day Fellow Shipmates, 

Just wanted to see how many applied for this years OCS-T? I heard through the grapevine (Sector ESO), only 40 applied CG-Wide! This can't be true, as I realize OCS is a very competitive program. I just don't see any forums or communications from any interested parties. I applied again this year, wishing everyone good luck and maybe we can start a discussion. 

The wait for a call or the message releasing has got me a "little" excited. Maybe we can notify each other as the calls are released. With respect to one another, no personal information needs to be shared. 

Respectfully, 

ak 

P.S. Happy Holidays
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    26 Nov 2017 12:23 PM
    I thought the panel met in mid November and not Oct for OCS-T?
    RTR920

--
    26 Nov 2017 03:59 PM
    You are correct, I'm sorry I accidently listed last years panel convening date of 31OCT2017. This year it convened on 13NOV17.
    BM516

--
    28 Nov 2017 01:20 AM
    I applied and am anxiously awaiting results. This is my first app though. I'm curious about how long the wait will be. I went digging in previous panels and most saw results within a month but the recruitment office told me sometime around Feb.... I hope that's not the case, but only 40 apps sounds like a good case? Maybe? Idk all new to me
    jbsmith91

--
    28 Nov 2017 02:50 PM
    40 people would be awesome. I’ve got my application in and the recruiter told me my interview went stellar. Said I would hear results around mid-December. Only thing odd was CGRC reaches out and asked for my JST when the board started. Anyone else submit one?
    BM516

--
    29 Nov 2017 10:02 AM
    I had my transcripts as a part of the packet, if that's what your referring to. As far as hearing something in mid-December, that seems extremely accurate based on previous panel dates and the dates the messages are released but I was told feb by the recruiting office I went through so I'm sort of hoping he is wrong
    jbsmith91

--
    29 Nov 2017 02:16 PM
    Not just school transcripts but also your Joint service transcript. The one that compiles all your training and gives it equivalent college credit. How do we confirm what that ESO heard about 40 applicants. That seems way to low.
    jbsmith91

--
    30 Nov 2017 02:46 PM
    List is out. Didn’t make it
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Nov 2017 03:04 PM
    I'm really sorry JBSmith. I hope you can try again.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Andisoss

--
    30 Nov 2017 09:37 PM
    I had to apply twice. Did not make it the first time (at all). Got selected as an ALT the second time around and made it off that. Reapply and make sure you annotate in your narrative that this is your second time applying as it shows persistence and patience. People eat that shit up. Not many people get selected the first time.

Remember that these panels are very subjective. One might look at your package and for whatever reason think you are nothing special, but when you submit the same package to the next panel (a different group of people) they think you are the most amazing person in the world. It is a jacked up system, but it is what it is.
    cgmk1986

--
    06 Dec 2017 10:08 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to reach out as I haven't seen anything yet for the members that were selected off the FY18 OCS-T panel. I was selected as a primary for the Jan 2019 OCS class, and just wanted to see if there is an email or facebook or thread for that class or panel yet, either the July 2018 class or Jan 2019 class, thank you and congrats to everyone selected this panel. If you weren't selected apply again. I was selected as an ALT my first time and a Primary my second so APPLY until your selected.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement