Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
AFQT score
Last Post 18 Dec 2017 04:48 PM by Bells. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
macdog

--
14 Dec 2017 05:13 PM
    what if your AFQT score is high enough to get in, but you don't qualify for any rate even with a 5 point waiver, do they still let you in?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    14 Dec 2017 05:26 PM
    They might. I would just retake it. It's harder to retake it once your in just based on scheduling and not knowing how far an ESO might be from you.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    darinyc

--
    14 Dec 2017 09:50 PM
    Just wanted to let you know I was in the same boat as you. I got a 49 on my afqt and did not qualify for any jobs. However both my recruiter and liaison encouraged me to enlist with that score since I could retake after boot camp. So you can still continue your enlistment process with a score that doesn't qualify you for any jobs and you can retake when you arrive at your first unit, ultimately it is up to you. (Or your recruiter if they tell you they need you to retake it to get a higher score) Just remember that if your new score is lower than your last one and it isn't the minimum to enlist, that could be a problem since you are going to have to wait to retest a third time. Hope I helped and if you have anymore questions feel free to hit me up
    Happy holidays!!
    Bigfoot1120

--
    17 Dec 2017 12:18 PM
    Posted By Bells on 14 Dec 2017 05:26 PM
    They might. I would just retake it. It's harder to retake it once your in just based on scheduling and not knowing how far an ESO might be from you.

This is not the best advice. If this applicant scores lower then they use your most recent score. What if he/ she scores below a 36? Then what if they take it a third time and fail, then the applicant can not retake the test at MEPS for 6 months.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    18 Dec 2017 10:05 AM
    I think you should take your time to study in order to be better prepared when taking it again. If you decide to enlist with a low score that does not qualify you for any job you may not have time to study for the ASVAB at your first unit. Remember that when you first arrrive at a unit you have to get qualified for a few things, which could prevent you from studying for the ASVAB or even being able to take it. Just my 2 cent. Take your time now to study for the ASVAB and retake it.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    18 Dec 2017 04:48 PM
    Once they are in, they can't retake it for a certain amount of time either way. And then like the other poster mentioned, other stuff is probably going to get in the way of retaking it also. If they study, they can score well. It's a highschool level test. So it really depends on their confidence. They can either come in and definately be a nonrate for a while, where most nonrates hate being nonrates and can't wait to leave, or study their butt off, retake it, and be good to go for whatever job  they're going for.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement