Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
January OCS-R Panel
Last Post 19 Feb 2019 11:12 PM by Madmark22. 41 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Jchilds7

--
04 Jan 2018 01:09 PM
    Hey everyone! 
    Just wanted to check and see if there were any other applicants for the upcoming OCS-R panel? The application due date was Nov 6th and the panel is supposed to start on the 29th of this month. I still have MEPS to deal with + hoping for a medical waiver but my application was submitted! 
    Ematthew

--
    06 Jan 2018 05:44 PM
    I applied as well. I wish you well with the waiver, the process is hard enough without that worry. I’m guessing you’re a civilian? Good luck in the following weeks.
    KB27

--
    07 Jan 2018 08:32 AM
    I also applied!
    Jchilds7

--
    09 Jan 2018 05:05 PM
    Thanks @Ematthew! I am a civilian and I leave for MEPS tomorrow with the physical on Thursday so fingers crossed everything goes well. Good luck to the both of you!
    EJake

--
    28 Jan 2018 02:22 PM
    I'm a civilian and applied. Good luck at MEPS everyone, I went a few months back.
    devinjones

--
    28 Jan 2018 03:48 PM
    Has anyone heard from the medical board? I was denied just before the panel met and I thought they were supposed to look at medical waivers after the panel met? My recruiter and I are trying to figure out what happened.
    Jchilds7

--
    29 Jan 2018 08:27 AM
    Posted By devinjones on 28 Jan 2018 04:48 PM
    Has anyone heard from the medical board? I was denied just before the panel met and I thought they were supposed to look at medical waivers after the panel met? My recruiter and I are trying to figure out what happened.

Woah, I'm very sorry to hear that. I haven't heard anything from CGRC yet but I was also told that requests aren't supposed to be looked at until after the panel, if you are selected. I hope your situation can be fixed!
    Jchilds7

--
    12 Feb 2018 08:26 AM
    Two weeks down! The past couple panels have taken about three weeks for the results to be released, so maybe we'll hear back between this Thursday and next Monday? Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone who's applied!!
    Ematthew

--
    12 Feb 2018 08:47 AM
    Good chance we will know this week, I’ll be keeping a close eye on the message board. Good luck jchilds!
    Jchilds7

--
    12 Feb 2018 09:12 AM
    Me too and same to you!
    FBG51

--
    12 Feb 2018 02:48 PM
    Anxiously waiting to hear back! I was literally checking CGportal all day today, hoping the results are released this week. I wonder If there is going to be a big selection rate in this panel..
    CGBrat1

--
    12 Feb 2018 03:38 PM
    Does anyone know how many they are looking to take vs. how many applied?
    Ematthew

--
    12 Feb 2018 04:27 PM
    Check out the O-JAK. There you will find information on past panels for all officer programs. It’s not updated from last year but you can see number of applicants, number selected, average GPA, %STEM degrees, etc.

https://www.gocoastguard.com/sites/default/files/uploads/ojak_updated_22_dec_16.pdf
    Jchilds7

--
    12 Feb 2018 05:17 PM
    Posted By FBG51 on 12 Feb 2018 03:48 PM
    Anxiously waiting to hear back! I was literally checking CGportal all day today, hoping the results are released this week. I wonder If there is going to be a big selection rate in this panel..

A big selection would be nice wouldn't it? The Go Coast Guard website shows that there's two school dates for this panel - July 2018 & Jan 2019. The most recent OCS-T results [ http://www.reserve.uscg.mil/Portals...073827-730 ] showed the same thing and there were 50 primary selects split between the two convening dates. Could be the same deal for us but I guess we'll see!
    CGBrat1

--
    12 Feb 2018 06:37 PM
    Posted By Jchilds7 on 12 Feb 2018 06:17 PM
    Posted By FBG51 on 12 Feb 2018 03:48 PM

A big selection would be nice wouldn't it? The Go Coast Guard website shows that there's two school dates for this panel - July 2018 & Jan 2019. The most recent OCS-T results [ http://www.reserve.uscg.mil/Portals...073827-730 ] showed the same thing and there were 50 primary selects split between the two convening dates. Could be the same deal for us but I guess we'll see!

50 would be up from 2016, which only had 34! Hopefully that’s the case!
    Ematthew

--
    12 Feb 2018 07:01 PM
    Keep in mind CGbrat and jchilds, those 50+ who were selected for OCS-T are going to the two OCS dates that we are applying for. I’m hoping there is still plenty of room left resulting in more selections for our panel. Anything above 30 would be great!
    Jchilds7

--
    12 Feb 2018 07:36 PM
    Very very true, didn't look at it that way. Guess we'll see!
    FBG51

--
    14 Feb 2018 06:34 AM
    Has anyone heard anything yet?
    Jchilds7

--
    14 Feb 2018 07:45 AM
    Not yet! Based on the pattern of the last couple of panels, I think the earliest we could hear back is tomorrow and the latest is Monday
    CGBrat1

--
    14 Feb 2018 08:30 AM
    How does the July/Jan thing work? Do they limit how many they take for January since the June Application is for January?
    Jchilds7

--
    14 Feb 2018 12:32 PM
    Huh, that's a really good question. I have no idea though?
    Ematthew

--
    15 Feb 2018 11:06 AM
    The list is out!
    EJake

--
    15 Feb 2018 11:24 AM
    Do you have a link that a civilian could access?
    EJake

--
    15 Feb 2018 11:25 AM
    Posted By Ematthew on 15 Feb 2018 12:06 PM
    The list is out!

Do you have a link a civilian could access?

My recruiter said he hasn't heard anything.
    Ematthew

--
    15 Feb 2018 11:34 AM
    I sent you a message. I see two Jacobs who are civilian on there, if that is your name.
    KB27

--
    15 Feb 2018 11:35 AM
    Would you be able to send me the list as well?
    EJake

--
    15 Feb 2018 12:02 PM
    What're the chances if you're on the alternate list?
    etorsney

--
    15 Feb 2018 12:25 PM
    Hello I am also a civilian applicant. My recruiter has yet to contact me about the list. Would you be able to send me one as well? Thank You.
    Jchilds7

--
    15 Feb 2018 12:34 PM
    Congrats to those who were primary and alternate selects! Looks like I'll be reapplying to the August panel while enlisting as well!
    Ematthew

--
    15 Feb 2018 12:41 PM
    Good luck to all.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement