Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hair. Showers. Time off.
Last Post 20 Jan 2018 05:12 PM by Northbound. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Northbound

--
14 Jan 2018 11:31 AM
    Three things:

So, I cut my hair a while ago into a pixie cut and I've been letting it grow back out since July. It's another inch or two away from being able to be tied back. So my question is, should I cut it again and have it short for basic, or should I continue to grow it out and deal with the gel/bobby pins? 

Just out of curiosity what is showering like? Stalls? Hot/cold? I know it doesn't really matter because we won't much time, but still..

Lastly, do we get time off after graduating or do we go straight to our assignment? 
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    14 Jan 2018 01:03 PM
    So, it still needs to be in some sort of bun if you want to pull it back. It can't be a stubby pony tail. So if you are going to cut it again, then I would cut it into a guys' cut like a fade. A pixie cut is not going to be manageable in bootcamp. They'll make you gel it back and nothing can touch your collar.

So best advice would be if it'll go back in a pony tail without to much effort and then with a little flip bun then do that, otherwise buzz it.

We have a girl that cut her hair super short in boot, and it's been two years and she's still in that stage where it's to hard for her to be able to pull it all back easily so she keeps getting it cut just above her collar. Her hair is really thick though too. She's maybe almost there where it'll take less effort for her to get it all back but it's taken literally 2 years.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    14 Jan 2018 01:04 PM
    Oh and showers are an open shower room. Bring your soap, your in and out and that's it
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 Jan 2018 04:57 PM
    You get 5 days of leave after boot. There could be a needs of the service thing where you'll have to report immediately but that doesn't happen too often. I wouldn't worry about it but good to know just in case.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Northbound

--
    14 Jan 2018 06:03 PM
    Cool. Thank you both. Can you tell me what a regular workout is like the first two weeks?
    cdeperna

--
    17 Jan 2018 12:52 AM
    Agreed above with the hair. Go with a pony tail. I can remember a couple girls with short hair, and when the hair gel wore off from  sweatand/or rain, it would fly around.
    Also if by work out, you mean IT ( Incentive training) session. It is usually a combination of running, pushups, sit-ups, squats, burpees, "super man" (on your stomach with legs and arms off the ground), getting on your face then standing up and then on your back again. All as fast as possible while screaming "Aye aye Petty Officer ( whoever your CC is)".
    This can happen at any point during waking hours. Don't sandbag or try to slack off, not that you would. Your CC will notice and punish you 10 x harder on the quarterdeck. Even if you feel like you are doing everything right, you will still get IT sessions constantly. Good luck!
    Northbound

--
    17 Jan 2018 09:58 AM
    Okay, but my thing is, I leave soon. And I can't pull it back. At all. So I should just cut it?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    20 Jan 2018 10:18 AM
    I would, it sucks I'm sorry, but even something like this would be fine

It's still got some length so when your done and it grows out it won't take as long

I could never pull off short hair so all the power to you.

We've been getting alot of girls with short hair lately, it really will be easier to deal with in bootcamp, and you can grow it out later.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cute+easy+short+hair+cut&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&prmd=ivn&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=87ky2OOJwNPjOM%253A%252CK6o4xhPkVd1UVM%252C_%253BpvjeXln-XhB-SM%253A%252C1LDqwdC3-_oUPM%252C_%253BfbEOaSi1EGxKAM%253A%252CS7vbceU_Ig5W-M%252C_%253BierknNVnzjF3IM%253A%252CATXq0WD1A_yJ7M%252C_%253BZ6qoSJXaSigREM%253A%252C8TKz5nJPzw_-lM%252C_%253B11znwpTekA01TM%253A%252CfnB3sM4xxNMCIM%252C_%253Bui7_9dCS4xh3UM%253A%252Ce7Amd8SBlf8NuM%252C_%253BqKsn0P-0p27WoM%253A%252CfnB3sM4xxNMCIM%252C_%253BTwCvHJB_-ZaI9M%253A%252CfnB3sM4xxNMCIM%252C_%253BVOSb5j6XdWyF-M%253A%252CRsBwI7d7iOAIeM%252C_&usg=__ZpycDwZa-l7LLyU5VQU4I35Z9EE%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKuq27hefYAhUBXKwKHXFVA8EQ7AkIMw&biw=360&bih=616&dpr=3#imgrc=BIHYzcTG6JHxGM:
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    20 Jan 2018 12:20 PM
    I went to boot camp with short hair and didn't have any extra problems with it. Just make sure that if you go with short hair it won't be outside of regs within the two months you're there. I got a haircut during off base liberty, but you won't have any opportunity to get a real haircut before then. (They will send you to the barber if you're out of regs, but I promise you don't want to get your hair cut there if you're female.)
    Northbound

--
    20 Jan 2018 05:12 PM
    Which cut are you referring to?the link just sent me to a general page on Google Images. 
    Whats your definition of short?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement