Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Are there any readers on the forum?
Last Post 19 Dec 2018 08:08 AM by reiss_pieces11. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Saccadon

--
01 Mar 2018 06:43 PM
    Anyone here read books of any sort? If so, what's your favorite genre? Favorite book? Etc.

Personally I prefer nonfiction and religious books. I have several books involving Christianity, even some scriptures not included in Protestant canon such as the Book of Enoch. I also have Roman history such as the Twelve Caesars by Seutonius, Josephus' Complete Works, the Annals of Tacitus, etc. And a few biographies and general books about war (as well as Sun Tzu's Art of War which teaches how to fight them.)

Despite that though most of the books in my possession are fiction, and my favorite book is Robinson Crusoe. I also enjoy the Sherlock Holmes books/stories, and H.P. Lovecraft's short stories. 

I have well over a hundred books but honestly I probably haven't even read a quarter of them yet, and it might take me until my latter years to do so(But at least I'll always have something to do should society ever collapse or something). 
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    02 Mar 2018 07:07 AM
    I'm a huge reader. I've been eating books since I moved to CT, this state has an incredible library system. My favorite authors are James Rollins and Robert McCammon. I read a lot of action adventure, and historical nonfiction. Brian Kilmeade wrote some excellent fast paced books on George Washington, Andrew Jackson, and Thomas Jefferson.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Mar 2018 08:14 AM
    I am an avid reader. My best reading times are Memorial Day to Labor Day, I hate the summer and the heat, so I immerse myself in books in air conditioning. My go to, I want to read but not sure what I want, is a book called The Highliners by William McCloskey. It is about commercial fishing in Kodiak. Because we lived there for 5 years, I read that book and I am immediately in the center of town, I can see it, smell it, hear it... It is a PERFECT BOOK.

When I decide to read other things, my favorite topic is WWII. I can read fiction, non-fiction, historical books, anything. After WWII, mysteries. I didn't like them when I was younger but now I completely enjoy them. I will truly read just about anything. As an example I read all of the books in the 50 Shades of Grey series. HAHAHA. I will read just about anything. I'm not so much into the heavy older books, Jane Eyre, Pride & Prejudice. But hand me Wuthering Heights, oh that totally started my love of books. Catherine and Heathcliff on the Moors, ohhhhh, absolutely wonderful. I read that in 6th grade and loved it.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    reiss_pieces11

--
    18 Dec 2018 10:02 AM
    Kind of a late reply but for those who enjoy historical fiction read "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien.  O'Brien wouldn't reveal what was true or untrue about the story (what happened or didn't happen in his life), but it is a good read.  I recommend!
    Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Dec 2018 10:08 AM
    I just looked up what the book was about... Bought it! I love historical writing, non-fiction is a little better, but I'll read fiction too. Perfect book! Thank you.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    reiss_pieces11

--
    19 Dec 2018 08:08 AM
    It's great!  Part of it is non-fiction and part is fiction, but we don't know which pats of the story are and aren't.  That's what makes the story so intriguing.  O'Brien structured it so that readers won't know what did and didn't happen.  Let me know how you like it Old Guard!
    Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement