Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Reservist BAH Eligibility During A-School (no dependents)
Last Post 28 Mar 2018 08:04 PM by ECU_Pirate. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
ECU_Pirate

--
19 Mar 2018 11:39 PM
    Hi All, I was just curious if I would be eligible to receive any sort of BAH while I am at A-School to help offset the cost of my apartment in my city of residence. My A-School is only 3 months long and I share my apartment with my girlfriend, so I am unable to sub-lease it or get rid of it while at A-School (plus that would probably be more trouble that its worth). However, since I do not have any dependents, I am unsure if I qualify for BAH. 
    I have gotten some conflicting information and wasn't sure if anyone had any insight. Thanks!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    20 Mar 2018 07:31 AM
    You will get BAH w/o dependents (which is a lot less than BAH with dependents) since you are not married nor have kids for the time spent in A school.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Mar 2018 07:48 AM
    What is the zip code of your unit? You can also follow this link and figure out your BAH.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/si...ahCalc.cfm
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ECU_Pirate

--
    24 Mar 2018 07:29 PM
    Ljcalimano - I'm happy with the lower amount too, since I went into this not expecting to receive any BAH as a reservist.
    ECU_Pirate

--
    24 Mar 2018 07:31 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 20 Mar 2018 07:48 AM
    What is the zip code of your unit? You can also follow this link and figure out your BAH.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/si...ahCalc.cfm

Would I use the Zip code of my unit or the zip code of where I live? I live about 4 hours away in another state from where my unit is located.
    Bwrosser

--
    24 Mar 2018 08:07 PM
    Where are you stationed in NC? I’m currently in A school and I’m also a reservist from Station Oak Island.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    25 Mar 2018 12:41 PM
    For Reservists, it's ZIP code of residence. If you were AD, then the ZIP of your unit would be used.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    ECU_Pirate

--
    28 Mar 2018 08:02 PM
    Posted By Bwrosser on 24 Mar 2018 08:07 PM
    Where are you stationed in NC? I’m currently in A school and I’m also a reservist from Station Oak Island.

I actually do not drill in NC. I live in the Raleigh/Durham area, but I am stationed down in Charleston, SC. It is a little bit of a drive, but I gotta admit that I love going down there.

ECU_Pirate

--
    28 Mar 2018 08:04 PM
    Posted By CPORJM on 25 Mar 2018 12:41 PM
    For Reservists, it's ZIP code of residence. If you were AD, then the ZIP of your unit would be used.

Thank you for clarifying. That is what I had assumed, but wasn't sure.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement