Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
October 2018 CSPI Panel
Last Post 01 Mar 2019 06:52 PM by CGReady. 38 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
cmatt030

--
21 Mar 2018 08:56 PM
    This is for anyone and everyone that will be applying either for the 1st time or re-applying for CSPI in the upcoming October 2018 CSPI panel. I applied in January of 2018 and have just received the news that I have not been selected. I hope to make some small adjustments to my package, and try and learn from where I slacked from the previous panel in hopes of getting accepted next time.
    cgsaga

--
    26 Mar 2018 01:35 PM
    I'm right here with you Matt. I plan on doing more volunteer work, adding more leadership skills to my resume, and slightly adjusting my narrative to reflect what I have accomplished in the last 6 months. I believe my interview went well, so I wont be changing that.
    Mason0924

--
    26 Mar 2018 06:54 PM
    Motivating! Keep trying. Are any of you in the CG Auxiliary? I highly suggest joining and soaking in all the experience and knowledge that they have to offer. You will meet some fantastic people and it really looks good, most importantly you'll get to work hand in hand with the gold side. Goodluck!
    cmatt030

--
    26 Mar 2018 08:37 PM
    I got in touch with my recruiter today to request whatever feedback possible. He said that although he can't tell me specifics about my interview he said it was a strong interview, and that the main thing to focus on is increasing my leadership opportunities and putting myself in a situation in which I get greater responsibilities.
    m_moorefield39

--
    11 Apr 2018 06:07 PM
    Hey Matt! My name is also Matt.  I will be applying for CSPI this October as well.  I am currently a reservist in the CG and I go to FAU in South Florida.  I was just going to ask you since you have been through the process how long does it take to get an answer back from the board and also how to prepare for the interview.  If you could help me out that would be awesome!
    cgsaga

--
    23 Apr 2018 07:34 AM
    So I spoke with my recruiter, they said that the only thing I need to really do is add more volunteer work. My interview and Narrative were both pretty good, so I plan add any new responsibilities from that past 4 months to the Resume. I decided to look for more leadership opportunities within the organization I'm currently volunteering with since I really enjoy working with them to add as much experience as I can. I'm also looking for more opportunities to work with children if possible, since it's something I have experience in. I also managed to raise my GPA this past semester, so I'm gonna try and make sure that is reflected in my new application as well. Any little bit I can do to show progress is important, even if it is a different set of people this time I don't want to take for granted that there is room for improvement. Only thing I can't control is how many awards I have.
    cmatt030

--
    21 Jun 2018 08:37 AM
    Hey Matt, First things first, I think the fact that you're a reservist will already give you an upper hand, I saw the report of people that got selected for the January panel and there were a lot that got selected that were already in the CG. Second, I applied by the deadline of January 10th (If I remember correctly) and heard back in Mid-Late March. So basically a month and a half. So for the October Deadline, we should here news back by Christmas. Third, don't be afraid of the Interview. It will seem intimidating because there's literally three Officers sitting there staring at you while you answer their questions, but they try to relax the situation. But most importantly, come prepared with answers about previous leadership experiences and past hardships if you have any. They want to see that you have leadership history or have overcome anything extremely difficult in your life. They will also ask about your strengths and weaknesses so be ready for that. And then for me the rest of the stuff they asked me was "what would you do in this situation" type questions.
    Tpeng15

--
    25 Jun 2018 07:25 PM
    Hi everyone I’m new here. But I have some questions about CSPI as I just started to get in contact with a recruiter to begin the application process. I have had no luck in receiving any call back or email back from them but hopefully in time they will. I’m currently going to be a junior in a computer science program with a 3.4 gpa and I play division 2 soccer, does this help me with the application at all? I would love to hear some feedback from others as to what helps with this process. Also does anyone know how many people are selected for CSPI?
    cmatt030

--
    18 Sep 2018 03:49 PM
    Hey tpeng, 

So you have a very good foundation for applying for CSPI. Your GPA is right around average selected at a 3.4, along with the fact that you're doing a stem degree, and you're in a varsity sport (a.k.a. stress leadership and teamwork). 
    cgilley98

--
    15 Oct 2018 10:58 AM
    Hey all,
    I just had my interview on the 11th and it went well. My package is complete besides a few things that now need to be updated with the change in the eligibility for the program. How is everyone else doing? Was anyone affected by the new requirements?
    cgsaga

--
    20 Oct 2018 07:27 AM
    Posted By cgilley98 on 15 Oct 2018 11:58 AM
    Hey all,
    I just had my interview on the 11th and it went well. My package is complete besides a few things that now need to be updated with the change in the eligibility for the program. How is everyone else doing? Was anyone affected by the new requirements?

HOOOOOLY SMOKES MAN. So apparently almost all of the applicants for CSPI in my recruiter's office got disqualified except myself and like one other person. I feel so many mixed emotions. I just hope nothing else comes out to disqualify me too. I did have to give my recruiter updated paperwork but that was it. I feel terrible that this change came AFTER our application deadline.
    m_moorefield39

--
    22 Oct 2018 04:06 PM
    What are the updated requirements?
    cgilley98

--
    23 Oct 2018 10:12 AM
    I had to submit some other stuff too, and I now need a waiver done for my school... but I think there should be no problem with that looking at the minority rates. I feel so bad for those that were disqualified, not sure how many actually were. Yeah I agree, I cannot believe that the change applied to this deadline since it came out so late. Have you gone to MEPS yet? I went a while back but it sounds like others have not gone yet.
    cgilley98

--
    23 Oct 2018 10:26 AM
    Attached is the link with the official update:
    https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHSCG/bulletins/20f913c

Basically, you now must have 30 credits under your belt at an approved school versus simply being a sophomore at the school. I think this causes problems since many people are transferring to the approved schools for their last two years to be eligible for the program versus attending the school all four years. 
    cgsaga

--
    24 Oct 2018 09:47 AM
    Posted By cgilley98 on 23 Oct 2018 11:12 AM
    I had to submit some other stuff too, and I now need a waiver done for my school... but I think there should be no problem with that looking at the minority rates. I feel so bad for those that were disqualified, not sure how many actually were. Yeah I agree, I cannot believe that the change applied to this deadline since it came out so late. Have you gone to MEPS yet? I went a while back but it sounds like others have not gone yet.
    I'm already enlisted so yea been through the whole process pretty much. I think this is mainly gonna mess it up for a lot of enlisted people because many of us used JST transfer credits so technically if they were only relying on that it probably disqualified them.

jessdrifts

--
    17 Dec 2018 03:36 AM
    Hi Everyone, 

I am brand new here. Just wondering if anyone has heard back about the October 2018 Panel or when we can expect to hear back? Thanks! 
    cgilley98

--
    20 Dec 2018 05:02 PM
    Hey and welcome! I have not heard anything and my recruiter told me we would hear on Jan 11 but I will follow up with her regarding that. Has anyone else heard something different?
    m_moorefield39

--
    21 Dec 2018 01:29 PM
    All I have heard from my recruiter is Christmas time frame.  But I haven’t heard anything else, I was hoping it would’ve been this week.
    cgsaga

--
    24 Dec 2018 01:32 PM
    Posted By cgilley98 on 20 Dec 2018 06:02 PM
    Hey and welcome! I have not heard anything and my recruiter told me we would hear on Jan 11 but I will follow up with her regarding that. Has anyone else heard something different?

Yea, my recruiter also said early January. I know last year it was before Christmas but since so much changed last minute it's not really as surprising.
    cgilley98

--
    25 Dec 2018 09:50 PM
    I may follow up with my recruiter about an updated time frame to see if she knows anything else. Keep sharing if you all have heard something else!
    cgilley98

--
    25 Dec 2018 09:52 PM
    True, late changes may have complicated the process.
    cgsaga

--
    29 Dec 2018 07:17 AM
    We have roughly two weeks before we find out the results. I'm actually kind of nervous now, I hope I made enough improvements to make it this time around!
    Ematthew

--
    04 Jan 2019 06:16 AM
    Your results came out yesterday.
    cgsaga

--
    04 Jan 2019 09:54 AM
    Congrats to everyone that made it!!!!
    jessdrifts

--
    05 Jan 2019 04:51 PM
    Has anyone heard from their recruiter yet? I just emailed mine. Hoping for good news! I have my fingers AND toes crossed haha.
    cgsaga

--
    05 Jan 2019 05:20 PM
    Posted By jessdrifts on 05 Jan 2019 05:51 PM
    Has anyone heard from their recruiter yet? I just emailed mine. Hoping for good news! I have my fingers AND toes crossed haha.

I got called a few days ago. Results came out on the 3rd.
    jessdrifts

--
    05 Jan 2019 05:32 PM
    So exciting! Did you get it?!
    cgsaga

--
    05 Jan 2019 05:37 PM
    Posted By jessdrifts on 05 Jan 2019 06:32 PM

Yeees! I'm happy because this is my 2nd try 
    To anyone who didn't get it the first time please make sure you try again for the January deadline!
    jessdrifts

--
    05 Jan 2019 05:43 PM
    Posted By cgsaga on 05 Jan 2019 06:37 PM

To anyone who didn't get it the first time please make sure you try again for the January deadline!

Congratulations!!!! January deadline as in this january? Also, can i ask what your leadership experience was last time you applied and did not get it.
    cgsaga

--
    05 Jan 2019 06:41 PM
    Posted By jessdrifts on 05 Jan 2019 06:43 PM
    Posted By cgsaga on 05 Jan 2019 06:37 PM

Congratulations!!!! January deadline as in this january? Also, can i ask what your leadership experience was last time you applied and did not get it.

I don't feel comfortable putting my personal info on the internet, but I was told that I needed more volunteer work for my 2nd application. My leadership stuff was the same.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement