Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2018 DCO Board
Last Post 22 May 2018 12:36 PM by PortNotStarboard. 20 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kirkaland

--
20 Apr 2018 03:21 PM
    Anyone else on here got packets in the DCO board that meets Monday? I'm a Army UH-60 pilot applying for DCA.
    RealQuick

--
    23 Apr 2018 10:14 AM
    I got my packet in for DCE, fresh outta college and first time applying so fingers crossed, good luck to you.
    no_squelch

--
    23 Apr 2018 10:34 AM
    Same. I put in for DCE. Any bets on when we’ll hear results?
    RealQuick

--
    23 Apr 2018 10:48 AM
    Ha I have no idea, I've read anywhere from 3 weeks to more than a month
    Rossi206

--
    23 Apr 2018 12:22 PM
    This is my second attempt, I was the first alternate for PTMO for the October board. Still hoping they call up some alternates. We didn't get the unofficial results until early December (couple weeks late) and the official results were posted in March (couple months late). Hopefully the results won't take as long to be posted this time around.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    04 May 2018 09:15 AM
    Good morning, all -

This is my third look, I applied in 2015 and wasn't selected. I applied again this board, 23 APR and I've heard the selection rate is going up. A few years back it was the lowest level on record for the program. I'm active duty Army with fixed and rotor wing ratings.

Anyone heard any gouge on this round's notification timeline?

My buddy was on the last board (and selected), results took approximately 1.5-2 months for (unofficial) notification.

kirkaland

--
    04 May 2018 11:05 AM
    Posted By PortNotStarboard on 04 May 2018 10:15 AM
    Good morning, all -

This is my third look, I applied in 2015 and wasn't selected. I applied again this board, 23 APR and I've heard the selection rate is going up. A few years back it was the lowest level on record for the program. I'm active duty Army with fixed and rotor wing ratings.

Anyone heard any gouge on this round's notification timeline?

My buddy was on the last board (and selected), results took approximately 1.5-2 months for (unofficial) notification.

Yeah, I heard the same about selection rate from a friend at Recruiting Command. I had a buddy who was also a non-select two years ago when they picked up 4 people all year as well. Haven't heard anything about notification. I'm hoping that was a fluke due to holidays and such and it's closer to one month.
    bucs18

--
    07 May 2018 01:45 PM
    Do alternates from previous boards historically get picked up? I was fourth on the alternate list for the October DCO board, and didn't know if that would at all better my chances for selection this time around.
    Andisoss

--
    08 May 2018 09:43 AM
    Do alternates from previous boards historically get picked up? I was fourth on the alternate list for the October DCO board, and didn't know if that would at all better my chances for selection this time around.

I have said this before, but I will say it again. The ONLY way a panel knows that you are reapplying is if you put it in your narrative or your recruiter indicates it in the comments section of your package. It is VERY important that you do that as these selection panels love it when people are not discouraged because they were not selected the first time around.

As for how many ALTs get picked up, it depends on the program. They tend to "clear" the ALT list for DCE, but not so much PTMO or DCA.
    RealQuick

--
    08 May 2018 12:35 PM
    By "clear" do you mean they ended up getting picked up for DCE?
    Wonderwall

--
    14 May 2018 12:28 PM
    I am a first time applicant for DCIO. I have applied for OCS in the past and have been selected as an alternate but never got the call. Good luck to all! Hope to hear something soon!
    Andisoss

--
    16 May 2018 03:40 PM
    Yes. It means every DCE (Primary and Alt) were picked up. The good news for anyone applying for any officer program right now is that we are short on officers, so the chances of selection should be increasing.
    zlawson

--
    16 May 2018 07:12 PM
    None of the DCE alternates got picked up from the October 2017 boards. I was #9 on the alternate list. I was kind of surprised no one got picked up as previous boards they did.
    Andisoss

--
    18 May 2018 01:54 PM
    Posted By zlawson on 16 May 2018 08:12 PM
    None of the DCE alternates got picked up from the October 2017 boards. I was #9 on the alternate list. I was kind of surprised no one got picked up as previous boards they did.

That is not true at all. I know several alternates on that list who were selected and are being commissioned next month. When was last time you spoke with your recruiter?
    JAndreL

--
    19 May 2018 06:06 AM
    This is my first time applying to the DCO board, so hoping to hear something soon. Not sure how my package may stack up to others but I wish you all the best of luck. Does anyone know if after selection if your incoming rank is set in stone? I mean ive picked up CAP and CISSP since submission, but unfortunately could not add them to my package. Thanks and best of luck!
    Andisoss

--
    19 May 2018 07:43 AM
    Posted By JAndreL on 19 May 2018 07:06 AM
    This is my first time applying to the DCO board, so hoping to hear something soon. Not sure how my package may stack up to others but I wish you all the best of luck. Does anyone know if after selection if your incoming rank is set in stone? I mean ive picked up CAP and CISSP since submission, but unfortunately could not add them to my package. Thanks and best of luck!

The only time I have ever seen a DCE come in as a higher rank than ENS was when the guy had a PhD in Computer Science. To be honest with you, you do not want to skip being an Ensign. You are only an Ensign for 18 months and it is an automatic promotion to LTJG assuming you do not kill anyone or get a DUI in that time frame. But more importantly, being an Ensign gives you time to learn about the Coast Guard and affords the luxury of being able to make (minor) mistakes without it having an overly negative impact on your career. If you show up as an LTJG, the expectation level is going to be a lot higher for you.
    zlawson

--
    19 May 2018 08:05 AM
    I spoke with him about 2 weeks ago regarding the April board. Do you know how many got picked up?
    JAndreL

--
    20 May 2018 01:37 AM
    Thanks for the quick feedback, no PhD, but looking to start this year and just excited my 8 years of Cyber in the AF will transfer over, so ill take that all the same. Thanks!
    RealQuick

--
    22 May 2018 07:35 AM
    Has anyone got a phone call yet? This week makes 4 weeks hopefully we get a call soon.
    kirkaland

--
    22 May 2018 10:05 AM
    Posted By RealQuick on 22 May 2018 08:35 AM
    Has anyone got a phone call yet? This week makes 4 weeks hopefully we get a call soon.

Nope, no news. Talked to my recruiter yesterday. He said the DCO board results take a while to be made official, and I know for the last board it was closer to 2 months than 1 so it'll probably be another couple weeks.
    PortNotStarboard

--
    22 May 2018 12:36 PM
    Funny story: my recruiter accidentally called me about 2 weeks ago. So naturally, I thought it was the “the call”. When I called him back he had a good laugh and said it would be a few more weeks. 

To make it more unbearable, a guy I work with joked with me: “the coast guard knows right now...but you don’t.”

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement