Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2018 DCO Board
Last Post 21 Mar 2019 02:21 PM by sculton12. 207 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 7 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
Bmcalis

--
31 May 2018 09:33 AM
Anyone receive any news yet? Day 39...
Bmcalis

--
31 May 2018 09:33 AM
zlawson

--
31 May 2018 09:44 AM
Posted By Bmcalis on 31 May 2018 10:33 AM

I havent heard anything. Ive been constantly checking here and my phone for the past 2 weeks
Bmcalis

--
31 May 2018 10:36 AM
You and me both...and I assume the rest of this forum!  Good luck to all.  What an amazing service opportunity.
kirkaland

--
31 May 2018 11:03 AM
Posted By Bmcalis on 31 May 2018 11:36 AM
You and me both...and I assume the rest of this forum!  Good luck to all.  What an amazing service opportunity.

Probably a safe assumption. As I'm on the west coast I log on here every morning before I come in hoping that the news has hit the east coast first haha. Surely it can't be that much longer but my recruiter did say to expect up to 2 months so that'd be another 3 weeks.
Bmcalis

--
31 May 2018 11:18 AM
Well welcome to the party West Coasties!
Had a buddy picked up last board who was notified at 8 weeks. But he was told that the delay was due to the Hurricanes. Makes sense, since he was also interviewed in El Paso by a panel from the east cost for the same reason. Feedback from selectees from previous boards seems to indicate 6 week notifications are about average to me. Does anyone else have a different perspective?

PortNotStarboard

--
31 May 2018 12:59 PM
My perspective is based on the rejection letter coming at 8 weeks instead of the acceptance call...

Any bets on tomorrow, Friday 1 June for acceptance calls? Great way to start of the weekend!
Bmcalis

--
31 May 2018 02:13 PM
That would be great especially for the affected families!
bucs18

--
01 Jun 2018 06:22 PM
JBsmith,

Was this a response to how many MARGRAD's are in the FY19 budget?

A friend of mine went through DCO in January... she heard on 07 June. 

jbsmith91

--
02 Jun 2018 10:15 AM
All the numbers I posted are for fy18
jbsmith91

--
04 Jun 2018 10:55 AM
Where are these results. I just want to know if I need to reapply yet.
zlawson

--
04 Jun 2018 11:50 AM
Posted By jbsmith91 on 04 Jun 2018 11:55 AM
Where are these results. I just want to know if I need to reapply yet.

This is my 2nd time applying. I dont know why it takes them so long. I just want to know already too!
Bmcalis

--
04 Jun 2018 04:37 PM
I imagine the incoming Commandant will want to ensure that his DCO program conforms with his guiding priorities. The 01JUN ALCOAST didn’t directly reference DCO but I wonder if that partially explains the delay.
Bmcalis

--
05 Jun 2018 10:43 AM
Recruiter called today to say that the holdup likely does have some relationship to the commandant’s change of command and that although the board has made their decision, recruiters have NOT been notified yet of the results. He said many times the results are merely awaiting appropriate signature and that he suspects that is also the case for the April DCO board. The recruiters at his office are hoping to receive results before 15 June but don’t know for sure.
Might help with the waiting (especially if this is not your first attempt) to know that you are not in the dark alone - we are still all in the same boat.
I’m planning to submit updates for the next board just in case. (15 June is deadline) good way to pass the time!
jbsmith91

--
05 Jun 2018 04:12 PM
Just feel like I should start that next packet. Anyone’s recruiter talk about higher selection rates or anything of the sort?
PortNotStarboard

--
05 Jun 2018 09:46 PM
I noticed the dates for the next FY boards are posted already. Seems they are all about 1 month earlier throughout the year. That June deadline is coming fast! Hard to believe the next deadline is so close and the April results are not released yet. My bet is for Friday again this week! Just seems like it would be a good time to find out!
maritimeacademycadet12345

--
07 Jun 2018 02:40 PM
Has anyone heard anything yet? I remember someone mentioning a 7 JUN date
zlawson

--
07 Jun 2018 02:55 PM
Posted By maritimeacademycadet12345 on 07 Jun 2018 03:40 PM
Has anyone heard anything yet? I remember someone mentioning a 7 JUN date
Unfortunately no. They're going to have a lot of applicants for the next board if they havent told people they are in yet. 

jbsmith91

--
08 Jun 2018 09:04 AM
I’m turning in a packet for the next board today.
jbsmith91

--
08 Jun 2018 10:02 AM
My recruiter just informed me DCO results will be taking 4-6 months. The wait goes on.
kirkaland

--
08 Jun 2018 10:04 AM
Posted By jbsmith91 on 08 Jun 2018 11:02 AM
My recruiter just informed me DCO results will be taking 4-6 months. The wait goes on.

Months??
jbsmith91

--
08 Jun 2018 12:02 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 08 Jun 2018 11:04 AM

Months??

Yep. Months. So found out all DCO selection go through the CG chain of command then up through department of homeland security to the secretary and then back down. So it can take 4-6 months. Also learned that the selection board gives each memeber 12 minutes with a packet then on to the next.
kirkaland

--
08 Jun 2018 12:29 PM
Posted By jbsmith91 on 08 Jun 2018 01:02 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 08 Jun 2018 11:04 AM

Months??

Yep. Months. So found out all DCO selection go through the CG chain of command then up through department of homeland security to the secretary and then back down. So it can take 4-6 months. Also learned that the selection board gives each memeber 12 minutes with a packet then on to the next.

Talked to my recruiter as well because 6 months makes no sense. I know for a fact that people in the last board found out about 2 months after the board. If it was 6 months we'd be finding out at the end of October, which makes no sense given all that has to happen on the CG side between notification and us showing up at DCO school in January. He called "the guy" who also told him 6 months, but my recruiter said the same thing, he had a guy on the last DCO board and it took about 2 months. So probably another few weeks.
Bmcalis

--
08 Jun 2018 01:49 PM
I believe 6 months like I believe the Cavs will win the finals this year.
zlawson

--
08 Jun 2018 03:48 PM
I called my recruiter and he told me at least 4 months. That is ridiculous since there are only so many boards a year. They are going to lose a lot of great applicants. A lot of people will not want to wait half a year to hear then wait more months to actually commission when other branches will tell you the same day if you have received a commission. 4-6 months thats crazy talk.
Bmcalis

--
08 Jun 2018 04:10 PM
Lol folks just hang in there and don’t freak out. Neither 4 or 6 months is believable, but even if it were, it would still be worth it.
PortNotStarboard

--
13 Jun 2018 11:51 AM
How is everyone doing as we wait out day 52? I’m staying optimistic for a notification on Friday. Hopefully, it will be this Friday.

Hang in there!
Turtleguy89

--
13 Jun 2018 12:41 PM
Hanging in there and hoping to see/hear some news soon... This wait is... pretty typical of the Coast Guard, I've come to  learn.
kirkaland

--
13 Jun 2018 02:03 PM
Yeah we're right at the timeline from the last DCO board (16 October to 06 December) so really should be any day now.
kirkaland

--
14 Jun 2018 08:30 PM
Talked to my recruiter today. The dco results are still waiting for the Commandant's approval. Once they get that they still need to go up to the Secretary of the DHS, which it may take up to another month for it to go up and come all the way back down.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 7 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement