Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2018 DCO Board
Last Post 21 Mar 2019 02:21 PM by sculton12. 207 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 7 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
ThirdRay

--
18 Jun 2018 12:45 PM
Talked to my recruiter today. The dco results are still waiting for the Commandant's approval. Once they get that they still need to go up to the Secretary of the DHS, which it may take up to another month for it to go up and come all the way back down.

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine once the Commandant signs off, we'd get word of the "unofficial" results. Having Sec. Nielsen sign would be a formality since I can't imagine a scenario where she wouldn't rubber stamp. It was like that for the USMC OCS board. We got the call from our OSO almost a month before the official letter and orders came down.

Anyway, since I've been lurking on here for two months, I figured I'd say hi give you all a heart attack with a new post that might be someone getting word, but isn't.
jbsmith91

--
18 Jun 2018 05:14 PM
It would be awesome if your not on the list they go ahead and tell you. I mean if you didn’t make it the commandant and secretary aren’t changing that. Just let me down early. The wait is killer. Did get my packet in last Friday for the next panel.
kirkaland

--
19 Jun 2018 01:48 PM
Posted By ThirdRay on 18 Jun 2018 01:45 PM 

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine once the Commandant signs off, we'd get word of the "unofficial" results. Having Sec. Nielsen sign would be a formality since I can't imagine a scenario where she wouldn't rubber stamp. It was like that for the USMC OCS board. We got the call from our OSO almost a month before the official letter and orders came down.

Talked to a friend at recruiting command, this is the case so whenever the Commandant approves the results they'll be released to recruiters.
Bmcalis

--
20 Jun 2018 06:45 PM
While we are all still waiting, if you haven’t seen the timeline from the April 2017 DCO board it’s worth looking at. http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/29991.aspx

Seems they were unofficially notified at the end of Jun and official results weren’t posted to the internet until 18 JUL.
PortNotStarboard

--
21 Jun 2018 09:26 AM
Well...here’s to hoping (again) for a call this Friday!
jbsmith91

--
22 Jun 2018 01:23 PM
Posted By PortNotStarboard on 21 Jun 2018 10:26 AM
Well...here’s to hoping (again) for a call this Friday!

And another Friday down.
Clamyman

--
25 Jun 2018 03:16 PM
Also been lurking on here since April, thought I would say hey. I got a good feeling about this week.
ThirdRay

--
26 Jun 2018 08:05 AM
I got a good feeling about this week.

Me too, it would fit the timeline from the April 17 board, although they didn't have a Commandant change at the same time. Fingers crossed.
PortNotStarboard

--
26 Jun 2018 10:14 AM
I’ve been watching the number of views increase for this thread over the past few weeks. Half of them are likely from me alone.
ThirdRay

--
26 Jun 2018 10:39 AM
yeah I mean I don't check every hour at all. Nope, not me.
Drandall3

--
28 Jun 2018 01:03 PM
Still waiting... I thought they would come out this week for sure. I applied for the fall board and was an ALT select for PTMO.
Bmcalis

--
28 Jun 2018 01:19 PM
Just another post so those of us who check every hour have something new to look at. If we get in, I vote for meeting up in New London a day early. First round of drinks are on me!
Clamyman

--
28 Jun 2018 01:36 PM
Honestly, I really appreciate this. Not getting results is bad enough, but not having anything new to read makes it that much worse. Second round on me!
c.surg

--
28 Jun 2018 06:37 PM
I'll be the dd, lol! Thought I would check in since I too have been silently stocking this thread for a while. I applied for PTMO as well.
Turtleguy89

--
29 Jun 2018 06:13 AM
Today is the day, right? Right? I'm all for a celebration later, but the wait is nearly driving me to drink now.
Bmcalis

--
29 Jun 2018 10:44 AM
Yep I know exactly what you are taking about. If I have a fourth Chocolate milk today, it’s gonna be brutal. You can only drink so much Chocolate milk.
Clamyman

--
29 Jun 2018 11:42 AM
My recruiter called me today.......because he mixed me up with another guy with a similar name.
Clamyman

--
29 Jun 2018 11:42 AM
My recruiter called me today.......because he mixed me up with another guy with a similar name.
ThirdRay

--
29 Jun 2018 12:29 PM
Posted By Clamyman on 29 Jun 2018 12:42 PM

Bmcalis

--
29 Jun 2018 01:59 PM
What was he going to tell the other guy?
c.surg

--
29 Jun 2018 06:20 PM
That's rough bro. I can't even get ahold of my recruiting office.
Clamyman

--
29 Jun 2018 06:34 PM
You do know that you have to pass height and weight if you get approved haha. But you make a good point, waiting on life decisions is the hard part right now. This board is in between a potential career with the coast guard or volunteering for a deployment.
c.surg

--
29 Jun 2018 08:18 PM
Haha, you saw that post? I thought I had deleted it because I couldn't get my reply to a previous message to work. You gotta treat yourself every once in a while, lol. That sucks though that you have an opportunity to deploy but are in limbo. My command was making some billet changes so I had to notify them early about my intentions to transfer to the CG. So now I get asked constantly if I have been selected. Funny thing though is, I thought I was going to get harrased by everyone about it, but everyone has said they wished they had joined the CG, lol.
Drandall3

--
02 Jul 2018 12:34 PM
Anyone? Anything?? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
ThirdRay

--
02 Jul 2018 01:48 PM
Nothing here. Whats the leave for the 4th looking like for the guys who are in right now? I'm pretty sure the holiday isn't going to do us any favors in the making this happen faster department.
Clamyman

--
02 Jul 2018 02:23 PM
Well if its anything like my current organization, nobody will be working till Monday. Then you have to worry about leave for the recruiters involved. So yeah, I am just going to check back next week. Crazy pills for sure.
PortNotStarboard

--
02 Jul 2018 07:36 PM
I figured I would make the obligatory post just to keep the excitement going. I’m anxiously checking the mail when I get home from work and the forum throughout the day. Count me in for meeting the day prior to it starting. Maybe we can get some morale T-shirts made: “I survived the wait.” Any other logo ideas??? Hang in there guys!
CaptainHook

--
03 Jul 2018 08:08 PM
The list should be out, ppl will still need to sign and accept, but my recruiter called me earlier and let me know I was selected. Best of luck and call your recruiters once they return from the break!
Drandall3

--
03 Jul 2018 08:39 PM
This isn’t a joke. Is it?
c.surg

--
03 Jul 2018 09:33 PM
Anyone else get notified? I talked to the recruiter today and all he said was the results should be out any day.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 7 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement