Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2018 DCO Board
Last Post 11 Feb 2019 08:18 PM by kirkaland. 206 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 7 << < 34567 > >>
Author Messages
PBR123

--
06 Jul 2018 10:55 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, if you can't get ahold of your recruiter/recruiting office, just call another office.  All the recruiters have access to the message.  Just ask where your name is on the list and you should have an answer today.  If one office can't pull up the list, call another.
Basic Member
Basic Member
Andisoss

--
07 Jul 2018 06:36 AM
Posted By PBR123 on 06 Jul 2018 10:55 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, if you can't get ahold of your recruiter/recruiting office, just call another office.  All the recruiters have access to the message.  Just ask where your name is on the list and you should have an answer today.  If one office can't pull up the list, call another.

As a former recruiter, I would be very pissed off if you called another office behind my back. Just call the office you are working with and ask to speak to the Recruiter in Charge.
redlightport

--
07 Jul 2018 09:20 AM
Does anybody know if the First Round list is still good? I was picked as a low alternate from the first round list and just found out that the person above me declined the commission a week ago. I still haven't received a call from my recruiter about either round
jbsmith91

--
07 Jul 2018 01:32 PM
Posted By redlightport on 07 Jul 2018 09:20 AM
Does anybody know if the First Round list is still good? I was picked as a low alternate from the first round list and just found out that the person above me declined the commission a week ago. I still haven't received a call from my recruiter about either round

The unofficial list won’t change. But that’s their whole point. So they will get in touch with all the primaries and some people do turn it down. Happened with a shipmate of mine. Once that’s all ironed out and they finalize the primaries an official list/message will be released of primaries and alternates. From then then things don’t typically change but some people still drop or become disqualified before commissioning. What list was that person on? Call your recruiting office.
redlightport

--
07 Jul 2018 05:44 PM
I meant if the alternate selections from the first board, October 2017, are still viable. I read that the selections are still good until the Secretary of Homeland Defense signs the Official list, which I think won't be for another month or so. Just asking to confirm that this is true
jbsmith91

--
08 Jul 2018 12:57 AM
Posted By redlightport on 07 Jul 2018 05:44 PM
I meant if the alternate selections from the first board, October 2017, are still viable. I read that the selections are still good until the Secretary of Homeland Defense signs the Official list, which I think won't be for another month or so. Just asking to confirm that this is true

So all the selectees from the October list have taken their commission. And the Sec of Homeland has signed off on all the primaries and alternates for ours. So alternates can move to primary but someone who isn’t on the unofficial won’t be added. It’s called the unofficial because they have to get all the first round primaries to say yay or nay
Basic Member
Basic Member
Andisoss

--
08 Jul 2018 07:01 AM
In regards to alternate selections, what you guys are saying is partially correct. One major factor for DCE is how many senior cadets at the academy are projected to graduate with an Electrical Engineering Degree (which would make them a C4IT Officer). One year, nearly 15 or so had to switch majors because their grades were sub-par. This led to the clearing of an entire DCE list (Primary and Alt). Another thing, the list is valid for 6 months. An Officer may be unexpectedly removed from the service (Retirement request, Medical, Disciplinary or even Death) and suddenly they have an urgent need to fill in a very specific discipline (Engineers, Pilots, Lawyers, etc.) that is not possible with OCS. This is why the DCO program exist.
Basic Member
Basic Member
Andisoss

--
08 Jul 2018 07:01 AM
In regards to alternate selections, what you guys are saying is partially correct. One major factor for DCE is how many senior cadets at the academy are projected to graduate with an Electrical Engineering Degree (which would make them a C4IT Officer). One year, nearly 15 or so had to switch majors because their grades were sub-par. This led to the clearing of an entire DCE list (Primary and Alt). Another thing, the list is valid for 6 months. An Officer may be unexpectedly removed from the service (Retirement request, Medical, Disciplinary or even Death) and suddenly they have an urgent need to fill in a very specific discipline (Engineers, Pilots, Lawyers, etc.) that is not possible with OCS. This is why the DCO program exist.
bucs18

--
08 Jul 2018 05:41 PM
2nd alternate for MARGRAD, 8th alternate for DCSS. Congratulations to everyone else!
jbsmith91

--
08 Jul 2018 07:48 PM
Posted By bucs18 on 08 Jul 2018 05:41 PM
2nd alternate for MARGRAD, 8th alternate for DCSS. Congratulations to everyone else!

Which do you want more
RealQuick

--
09 Jul 2018 11:21 AM
No selection for me
jbsmith91

--
09 Jul 2018 05:53 PM
Posted By RealQuick on 09 Jul 2018 11:21 AM
No selection for me

Did you already apply for the fall?
jbsmith91

--
09 Jul 2018 05:54 PM
Learned new info from my recruiter today. Everyone who applied with a waiver doesn’t have their waiver checked till after they make selection. So you can be an alternate or primary, get your waiver reviewed, and then be denied.
RealQuick

--
09 Jul 2018 06:01 PM
Yes JB, I applied for the OCS panel and the next DCE panel
redlightport

--
11 Jul 2018 11:07 PM
"Another thing, the list is valid for 6 months"

So does that mean if I was selected as an alternate from the Oct 18 board, and the guy above me just declined, I'm going to get a call eventually even though the DCO school date is in like two weeks?
jbsmith91

--
12 Jul 2018 10:12 AM
Posted By redlightport on 11 Jul 2018 11:07 PM

So does that mean if I was selected as an alternate from the Oct 18 board, and the guy above me just declined, I'm going to get a call eventually even though the DCO school date is in like two weeks?

From the way it was explained to me: you have a chance up till the commissioning date. So for this list commission is dec 1. You have till then.
kirkaland

--
17 Jul 2018 12:09 AM
Received and signed my letter of intent today, about a week and a half after the unofficial results were released.
jbsmith91

--
17 Jul 2018 05:28 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 17 Jul 2018 12:09 AM
Received and signed my letter of intent today, about a week and a half after the unofficial results were released.

Congrats. Stay out of trouble till December. What program did you do?
jbsmith91

--
18 Jul 2018 09:16 AM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel official results.
kirkaland

--
18 Jul 2018 10:09 AM
Posted By jbsmith91 on 17 Jul 2018 05:28 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 17 Jul 2018 12:09 AM

Congrats. Stay out of trouble till December. What program did you do?

DCA
kirkaland

--
18 Jul 2018 11:48 AM
Posted By jbsmith91 on 18 Jul 2018 09:16 AM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel
Can you post the message here? Haven't seen it come through on the internet yet. Or is internet release not authorized? Just curious what the numbers were like this year in terms of primaries and alternates and if I know anyone else on the list.

jbsmith91

--
18 Jul 2018 03:29 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 18 Jul 2018 11:48 AM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel
Can you post the message here? Haven't seen it come through on the internet yet. Or is internet release not authorized? Just curious what the numbers were like this year in terms of primaries and alternates and if I know anyone else on the list.

Internet realease isn’t authorized. You made primary DCA. That list had 14 primary, 3 alternate. 

redlightport

--
18 Jul 2018 07:28 PM

So the official message posted. It states that the alternate list remains in effect until the next panel official results.

The Official List has been signed already? Does that mean the first list isn't good?
jbsmith91

--
18 Jul 2018 08:44 PM
The phone calls some people got some days back was the unofficial. The official list was posted to the CG network so everyone who’s a primary or alternate should know now and anyone in the CG can see the list now. The primaries will commission sometime around dec 1 and the alternates are in limbo till the next official list from the next panel.
alaskacoastie85

--
18 Jul 2018 10:17 PM
How many DCE primary and secondary are there?
no_squelch

--
19 Jul 2018 10:36 AM
After commissioning in December, what happens for those coming in from the civilian world? Do we have to report anywhere until DCO school in January, or are we “on leave” and free to be home for the holidays, etc.?
kirkaland

--
19 Jul 2018 12:01 PM
Posted By no_squelch on 19 Jul 2018 10:36 AM
After commissioning in December, what happens for those coming in from the civilian world? Do we have to report anywhere until DCO school in January, or are we “on leave” and free to be home for the holidays, etc.?

Based on my understanding, regardless of what background you're coming from you will report to your first duty station, in process, move into a house, make sure your admin stuff and uniforms are squared away,...before going to DCO school. Not sure how leave will work since we'll be coming in with a 0 leave balance. Commanders can authorize you to go in the hole and in this circumstance may do so.

I'm carrying over some leave from the Army, but we're not planning on going anywhere with it being such a quick turn around from commissioning/reporting to shipping off to New London. We're planning to take some extra time at Thanksgiving to visit family before then and just have a quiet Christmas unpacking and setting up our new home.
jbsmith91

--
19 Jul 2018 03:45 PM
Posted By no_squelch on 19 Jul 2018 10:36 AM

Your recruiter would know for certain but as I understand when you commission you will be active duty and get all the benefits allotted to you to move to your new duty station. Once there you will wait for DCO school and do your new ensign job while waiting. You won’t have any leave but can be authorized to go “in the hole” if needed. You do get a certain amount of days of for house hunting and moving and those are free days. My recruiter informed me DCO school isn’t always in January like the message says. Many factors can delay school but your commission and job won’t change.
jbsmith91

--
19 Jul 2018 03:46 PM
Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 18 Jul 2018 10:17 PM
How many DCE primary and secondary are there?

8 primary and 12 or so alternates. Did you make the list?
redlightport

--
19 Jul 2018 07:48 PM
How many margrad spots were there?
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 7 << < 34567 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement