Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2018 DCO Board
Last Post 20 Nov 2018 08:08 PM by kirkaland. 198 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 7 of 7 << < 34567
Author Messages
PortNotStarboard

--
19 Sep 2018 10:20 AM
Active duty guys/gals - expect your pay to be messed up for at least 2 months. Buddies I know selected for the program are averaging this time with some, all, and occasionally no pay. You will be paid back, just takes time. The CG does its due diligence in paying you starting the day you commission. The key is leaving your current service on 11 DEC such that our commissioning date is the very next calendar day, 12 DEC.

As for civilians entering under a direct commission, I haven’t a clue.

I believe our AOs for each career field are working exclusive of each other’s population. I would expect the engineering, legal, etc. AOs to follow suit soon.

Also, for everyone, the fiscal year is closing out, unsure of your services, but the Army is in the usually 2 week period at the end of the FY where all big ticket items are paid, and the FY19 dollars are allocated. The CG is probably waiting to see where people are needed and how much it’s going to cost to move you there.
DCA2017

--
20 Sep 2018 05:31 AM
From talking to previous DCOs, yes they started getting paid on their commissioning date.
Rossi206

--
24 Sep 2018 11:55 AM
Anyone know of a thread on here that has some FAQ and answers on DCO course?
Rossi206

--
01 Oct 2018 09:10 AM
Has anyone heard from their AO yet?
DCA2017

--
07 Oct 2018 04:36 AM
DCA here, we heard from our AO a few weeks ago and requested our dream sheet. However still have not heard anything back about actual assignments yet. They said should hear back around the middle of this month.
kirkaland

--
09 Oct 2018 07:05 PM
Got the call from our AO (DCA). We got air station Miami which was not one of our top 5 but not bottom of the list either. How has it worked out for everyone else?
Simple1

--
09 Oct 2018 11:05 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 09 Oct 2018 07:05 PM
Got the call from our AO (DCA). We got air station Miami which was not one of our top 5 but not bottom of the list either. How has it worked out for everyone else?

Congrats man. Did you only get a location preference, or did you get a platform preference as well?
kirkaland

--
09 Oct 2018 11:57 PM
Posted By Simple1 on 09 Oct 2018 11:05 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 09 Oct 2018 07:05 PM

Congrats man. Did you only get a location preference, or did you get a platform preference as well?

I was agnostic on 60 vs 65 so for us it came down to location location location.
Simple1

--
14 Oct 2018 07:23 PM
Double post
Simple1

--
14 Oct 2018 07:23 PM
Thanks, Kirkland.

For the masses here, Any recent DCAs get picked up with a time in service waiver? When my Sep DCA board met, I had just crossed over 10yrs of service. I was just curious if the Coast Guard has any recent appetite to entertain that waiver.

Thanks guys
Jo1983

--
19 Oct 2018 04:03 PM
Hello,

I was notified yesterday that I was selected primary for DCIO (Sep Panel). I have almost 13 years in the Air Force. My recruiter did submit a waiver for me, and said that he is going to double check on it, but by all accounts he feels like I should be good to go. For the record it seems strange they would select you, and then decide whether they approve/deny your waiver.

It wasn't that long ago that the USCG was not accepting waivers for over 10 years TIS according to the website.  I believe it was just this year where they changed it to "as applicable" or something along those lines. I think what it all comes down to is timing, manning, and what they think you can bring to the force.
alaskacoastie85

--
26 Oct 2018 01:42 AM
How do you receive the letter? Is it email or snail mail?
redlightport

--
03 Nov 2018 04:24 PM
Is anyone else going Cutters? And if so have you heard back from our Assignment Officer about duty stations?
Basic Member
Basic Member
Andisoss

--
06 Nov 2018 05:57 PM

Air Station Miami is actually in Opa-Locka. If you have kids, you will probably want to live in Broward County. Weston has some of the best public schools in the country.
Rossi206

--
07 Nov 2018 12:10 PM
Picked up my separation orders today and I'm authorized a HHG shipment to my HOR (or anywhere cheaper, so my first CG duty station). I checked with my separations and transportation office to make sure I'm still entitled to this benefit even though I am transitioning to the Coast Guard. This would allow me to get to my unit quicker since we don't get our orders until after we commission and we can't set up our HHG movements without those orders. I wanted to see what you all were doing? Are you having your old service pay for your shipment or are you waiting for the Coast Guard to ship your stuff? I don't want to screw myself out of any PCS entitlement by having the Army move my stuff..
Ashton23

--
08 Nov 2018 10:31 AM
I think you should be good to go, if you have been offered a commission. We've had a couple with over 10, but I think the majority of them were mix of active and reserve time. I needed a waiver because I had three dependents at the time of applying but my wife was pregnant. And technically a pregnant wife counts as a fourth dependent. I was worried that I wouldn't be eligible but my recruiter said they would submit waiver and that was the last I heard about that. I commissioned with four dependents. I never really looked into the status of the waiver because I didn't think it was able to waived. Good luck and message me if you have any other questions. I'm also a Prior Service DCIO
Basic Member
Basic Member
Andisoss

--
08 Nov 2018 12:32 PM
The 2 depdendant rule exist because we did not want to have E1s with 5 kids joining and immediately applying for government assistance. They figure an O2/3-E can afford to feed 4 kids.
redlightport

--
19 Nov 2018 03:24 PM
Does anybody know if we receive BAH in our pay starting Dec. 12th?
kirkaland

--
20 Nov 2018 08:08 PM
Posted By redlightport on 19 Nov 2018 03:24 PM
Does anybody know if we receive BAH in our pay starting Dec. 12th?

In some form yes. It may be bah diff during your travel days but then once you report in should be regular bah for wherever you are.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 7 of 7 << < 34567

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement