Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Passed PT test with my recruiter today!
Last Post 01 Oct 2018 11:27 AM by thecoastismine. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
orbit

--
22 May 2018 11:20 AM
    After weeks of dedication and hard work I passed the PT test today with my recruiter! He has been so amazing and encouraging through out this whole journey. I just needed to announce this because I am so happy and excited. I ship out next Sunday and I can't wait!
    Saccadon

--
    22 May 2018 12:05 PM
    There's a PT test during recruitment? What are the requirements?

Also, congrats! Wish I were in your shoes right now.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    22 May 2018 01:05 PM
    Posted By Saccadon on 22 May 2018 01:05 PM
    There's a PT test during recruitment? What are the requirements?

Also, congrats! Wish I were in your shoes right now.

Same as they are in boot camp. You should be in a position to exceed the boot camp minimum requirements before you ship.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    orbit

--
    22 May 2018 01:09 PM
    It is my understanding that typically before you ship out your recruiter will administer a PT test to make sure you're ready. My particular requirements were (because I'm in the 30-39 age range): 1.5 mile run in 13:36 24 push ups in 1 min 35 sit ups in one min Best of luck to you.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    22 May 2018 01:44 PM
    Congrats on the PT test! Keep training and getting better. Now is the time to continue to keep pushing to improve.
    orbit

--
    22 May 2018 04:42 PM
    Thanks! I plan on pushing myself physically right up until I leave.
    TombRaider330

--
    22 May 2018 08:07 PM
    Congratulations Orbit!!! Keep it up!! and Best of Luck
    TombRaider330

--
    22 May 2018 08:07 PM
    Congratulations Orbit!!! Keep it up!! and Best of Luck
    orbit

--
    23 May 2018 06:50 AM
    Thanks!
    cgrable

--
    25 May 2018 10:48 AM
    Congrats! I just had a PT test today and passed everything but the run since I didn't do the run due to a current foot injury. I don't ship out until July 10th though so I have a few more weeks to get my foot better.

You ship on a sunday? Where are you shipping from? I only ask because usually recruits ship out on Tuesdays.
    orbit

--
    25 May 2018 12:18 PM
    Sorry to here about your foot. Hope it gets better! I am shipping out on June 3rd from New England. I'm going to DEPOT not the 8 week BC.
    TombRaider330

--
    27 May 2018 07:44 PM
    I believe for DEPOT they normally ship out on Sundays.

@ Orbit-- Would like to hear your feedback and any advise after you graduate DEPOT
    orbit

--
    28 May 2018 05:13 AM
    Definitely! My graduation date is June 21st.
    thecoastismine

--
    01 Oct 2018 11:27 AM
    Orbit, I'm in the same age range as you.  I passed my PT test last week and I'm also super excited to be leaving in a few days.  My recruiter has been making me pass PT test using these standards: 1.5 mile under 12:51, pushups: 29 and Situps:38.  

I asked if the standards were different for us "old guys" in boot camp and they said that they're the same across the board.  I'm exceeding those standards but are they really the same for everyone or different due to age?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement