Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I just got back from depot and can answer questions
Last Post 20 Jun 2018 02:55 PM by CPORJM. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
orbit

--
10 Jun 2018 06:11 AM
    I just got back from a week at DEPOT. Unfortunately I did not complete the training but I can anwser questions about the first week.
    USMCtotheUSCG

--
    10 Jun 2018 02:16 PM
    Since this is a fairly anonymous forum, would you mind sharing why you were unable to complete the training?
    quickblur

--
    10 Jun 2018 10:06 PM
    Sorry to hear that but thanks for posting. Did you get a sense of how many people were going active vs. reserves? Which were you aiming for?
    lilpenny10

--
    11 Jun 2018 09:33 AM
    Sorry to hear about that. Don't give up if its something you really want to accomplish. I graduated in January and we lost 14 out of 42. Unfortunately DEPOT doesn't have much info out there and even recruiters don't know specifics to prepare people.
    mrsteve007

--
    11 Jun 2018 11:11 AM
    Orbit. I’m sorry to hear things didn’t work out. Regardless, congratulations on being the first transgender recruit in the USCG!

Did they get you on the PT test? Truth be told, I barely passed my retest in the April DEPOT. We lost 10 out of 31 in the first week.
    TombRaider330

--
    11 Jun 2018 06:32 PM
    Hey Orbit-- so sorry to hear about the training. I am sure you will get back up and nail this down.

@ MrSteve007-- what were the biggest challenges at the DEPOT you and others experienced? I am shipping soon in 5 weeks and I am nervous/excited.. hearing all the drop out numbers are a bit intimidating..
    mrsteve007

--
    17 Jun 2018 11:51 AM
    @ Tombraider330 - 80% of our dropouts were due to failing PT. I was surprised when we lost a couple prior-service members who had just come out of the Marines a few weeks earlier! Situps, push-ups, the swim and the run; each of them claimed DEPOT members. Arrive to Cape May being able to exceed the non-age adjusted standards by at least 10%, or you won’t pass the PT test.

The other dropouts were due to a mental breakdown on day 1 and a broken hip on day 4. DEPOT is no joke. It will also likely be the most emotionally & mentally challenging experience of your life. Arrive prepared and it’ll be doable. Arrive without proper fitness or having memorized the required knowledge, your time will be short in Cape May.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    20 Jun 2018 02:55 PM
    Posted By mrsteve007 on 17 Jun 2018 12:51 PM
    @ Tombraider330 - 80% of our dropouts were due to failing PT. I was surprised when we lost a couple prior-service members who had just come out of the Marines a few weeks earlier! Situps, push-ups, the swim and the run; each of them claimed DEPOT members. Arrive to Cape May being able to exceed the non-age adjusted standards by at least 10%, or you won’t pass the PT test.

The other dropouts were due to a mental breakdown on day 1 and a broken hip on day 4. DEPOT is no joke. It will also likely be the most emotionally & mentally challenging experience of your life. Arrive prepared and it’ll be doable. Arrive without proper fitness or having memorized the required knowledge, your time will be short in Cape May.

You're kidding me.....
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement