Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Rated Prior Service
Last Post 20 Jun 2018 01:14 PM by cecilomar. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cecilomar

--
18 Jun 2018 08:33 AM
    I'm a prior service E4, I'm already rated in a job that the CG  really needs, so I don't have to go to a-school again. 

I'm curious, if I go back, how would the dreamsheet work for me? I would assume that they would send me to a rated billet where they actually need me instead of treating me like a non-rate and wasting time and money...

Anyone knows? 
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    19 Jun 2018 06:23 AM
    I think these are good questions for a recruiter. If you have already been told by a recruiter that you do not need to go to "A" School, then I would think you go to depot and then to a unit with an open billet for your rating. What is your rating?
    Also, if the Coast Guard sends you to a non rated billet first, its not a waste of their time or money. It is where they need you the most.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Jun 2018 06:43 AM
    I remember you... you were on the Seneca with my son. You got out? How come you're thinking about coming back in? Do you have an RE code that would allow you to reenlist? Hope all is well. Get to your recruiter, find out what options you have.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    19 Jun 2018 10:51 AM
    Unless things have changed, you shouldn't have to go to DEPOT if you've been out under five years. It should be a matter of getting your background and medical clearances done, and then identifying an available billet for you.

Another thought that occcurs to me is that if you're still in the IRR, you're still in the CG and it would just be a matter of having an open billet identified and then being transferred from the IRR to the active component.

Best of luck
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    cecilomar

--
    20 Jun 2018 10:36 AM
    Posted By mkelly on 19 Jun 2018 07:23 AM
    I think these are good questions for a recruiter. If you have already been told by a recruiter that you do not need to go to "A" School, then I would think you go to depot and then to a unit with an open billet for your rating. What is your rating?
    Also, if the Coast Guard sends you to a non rated billet first, its not a waste of their time or money. It is where they need you the most.

I'm an OS. Going to an OS billet would be the most logical. 

I'm just rambling around while I wait for a DEPOT slot. Just wanted to see if someone out there had a similar experience, but I see that is a very specific one... 
    cecilomar

--
    20 Jun 2018 10:39 AM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 19 Jun 2018 07:43 AM
    I remember you... you were on the Seneca with my son. You got out? How come you're thinking about coming back in? Do you have an RE code that would allow you to reenlist? Hope all is well. Get to your recruiter, find out what options you have.

That's me! I separated over 2 years ago  I needed a waiver to get back in, but already got it. Just waiting for a shipping date. I'm going to have to swim around my old posts to figure out who is your son, cause the last time that I posted something here was a very long time ago... 😂
    cecilomar

--
    20 Jun 2018 10:44 AM
    @CPORJM 

It's 2 years. I've been out for a little more that that. Under the conditions of my separation I'm not in IRR.

I'm kinda looking forward to DEPOT or even full on basic if necessary
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Jun 2018 12:57 PM
    Cecil - Colin Robertson or Dean (but that name may have started on the Midgett) he went OS as well. He is at Sector NY now. Welcome back to the fold.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    cecilomar

--
    20 Jun 2018 01:14 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 20 Jun 2018 01:57 PM
    Cecil - Colin Robertson or Dean (but that name may have started on the Midgett) he went OS as well. He is at Sector NY now. Welcome back to the fold.

Yes! My man! I remember him. I'm glad he's doing well. I'll hit him up once I'm back in.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement