Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Sep DCO Board
Last Post 03 Jun 2019 07:05 AM by MegaOhm. 137 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 512345 > >>
Author Messages
alaskacoastie85

--
04 Jul 2018 02:44 PM
    I figured we can get this thread started now. I am applying for DCE (the board that convenes in Sept 2018). Currently I have been in the CG for 10 years and I am an EM1 with a Masters in IT (and currently working on my 2nd Masters in Cyber). Everything is turned in and I just completed my interview last week. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone. 

I am currently working on the PT test standards (just in case).

~ EM1
    mbgribble07

--
    05 Jul 2018 12:40 PM
    I have a package in for DCIO. This is my first go at it. I am an E-6 in the Air Force. Given what I am seeing with regard to timelines, we should hear something in December, right? I would be separating and PCS'ing from Germany so the more time the better for me so I can be prepared. Best of luck to everyone on the current board and upcoming 10 Sep board.

-Matt
    alaskacoastie85

--
    05 Jul 2018 12:51 PM
    I was told by my recruiter we should he before Thanksgiving this year since everything was due 2 months earlier. If you make it, you should receive a phone call from your recruiter first. Good luck!
    jbsmith91

--
    05 Jul 2018 12:52 PM
    I’m number 8 alternate in the April unofficial list. Praying I move up on that one or make primaries for this one.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    09 Jul 2018 09:05 AM
    Best of luck to you!
    bigoletruckernutz

--
    09 Jul 2018 08:01 PM
    Navy ctm2 here applying for DCE, though i got out 10 years ago. I have an BSEE from Georgia Tech and working on my masters in applied math from johns hopkins. Good luck to everyone
    jbsmith91

--
    18 Jul 2018 07:45 PM
    The previous panels official list has posted
    alaskacoastie85

--
    19 Jul 2018 09:53 AM
    How many DCE primaries and secondaries were announced?
    Craig_S

--
    19 Jul 2018 10:15 AM
    I have a DCA packet in for the Sep board. Currently an Army Warrant Officer. I spoke with some guys from last years board that said unofficial list was out in Nov and they commissioned in May. My recruiter was told to expect a commissioning date of 30 June, 2019 if selected on this board. Long process. Any other DCA's out there?
    jbsmith91

--
    19 Jul 2018 02:53 PM
    Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 19 Jul 2018 10:53 AM
    How many DCE primaries and secondaries were announced?

8 primary, 12 or so alternates.
    mbgribble07

--
    20 Jul 2018 09:10 PM
    jbsmith, thank you for passing information. Could you also share the DCIO select stats? Likely it wont be the same for the September panel but I am just curious. Thank you for your time.

-Matt
    jbsmith91

--
    21 Jul 2018 06:55 PM
    Posted By mbgribble07 on 20 Jul 2018 10:10 PM
    jbsmith, thank you for passing information. Could you also share the DCIO select stats? Likely it wont be the same for the September panel but I am just curious. Thank you for your time.

-Matt

5 primary and 2 alternate. Don’t mention it man. This is my third packet for an officer program and I’m polishing up my fourth now. I know it can be stressful waiting for all the info.
    thecoastismine

--
    16 Aug 2018 09:14 AM
    I've got a packet in for DCSS, it's my first time submitting.

I've been reading the past threads about DCO and I'm seeing people refer to unofficial lists. Where can/will this list be found? Will recruiters reach out to applicants with unofficial results?

It'd be great to get an early word about the selections for sure.
    kirkaland

--
    16 Aug 2018 04:14 PM
    I've been reading the past threads about DCO and I'm seeing people refer to unofficial lists. Where can/will this list be found? Will recruiters reach out to applicants with unofficial results?
    So the unofficial results are released to recruiters a few weeks before the official message comes out and recruiters then pass that to applicants. For this past board, the board met on 23 April and unofficial results were released on July 3rd, and I believe the official results were released a few weeks later.
    BeeMan

--
    19 Aug 2018 08:55 AM
    USMC intelligence officer and first time applicant applying for PTMO and DCIO.  If selected through the DCIO program, are there opportunities to branch out into other fields following an Intel tour, or are the DCIO selectees Intel their entire career?
    thecoastismine

--
    20 Aug 2018 12:25 PM
    @kirkaland, Thanks so much for the response. 

I've got something else that I'd like to get feedback on from the rest of the applicants for the upcoming Sep DCO Board.

I'm all in with joining the USCG, so much that I have a boot camp date ~45 days out while I  have a DCO packet in as well.  If I get selected for DCO, I'll accept, no doubt.  If not, then I'll continue to apply as an enlisted coastie until I'm not able to anymore.

With this being said, I know it varies in how long it takes for outcomes to reach our recruiters from the panel. I was told by my recruiter that we won't know about the Sep DCO Board until some time between January and March 2019.  

I've been working with my recruiter for a very long time now and he's given me no reason to believe otherwise, but doesn't September 2018 until January -March 2019 seem to be a pretty lengthy wait? That class would be reporting June 2019, correct? 

kirkaland

--
    20 Aug 2018 02:07 PM
    Posted By thecoastismine on 20 Aug 2018 01:25 PM
    @kirkaland, Thanks so much for the response. 

I've got something else that I'd like to get feedback on from the rest of the applicants for the upcoming Sep DCO Board.

I'm all in with joining the USCG, so much that I have a boot camp date ~45 days out while I  have a DCO packet in as well.  If I get selected for DCO, I'll accept, no doubt.  If not, then I'll continue to apply as an enlisted coastie until I'm not able to anymore.

With this being said, I know it varies in how long it takes for outcomes to reach our recruiters from the panel. I was told by my recruiter that we won't know about the Sep DCO Board until some time between January and March 2019.  

I've been working with my recruiter for a very long time now and he's given me no reason to believe otherwise, but doesn't September 2018 until January -March 2019 seem to be a pretty lengthy wait? That class would be reporting June 2019, correct? 

I had friends on the October 2017 panel, I believe they found out mid-December. So January-March seems like a very conservative estimate. I wouldn't plan on finding out any earlier than December though. The wheels of bureaucracy do turn slowly.
    BeeMan

--
    25 Aug 2018 11:24 PM
    Turns out I’m just competing for PTMO, my DCIO packet didn’t make it through CGRC screening.  I’m interested to know how jobs are assigned to PTMO selectees, does anyone have any insight?
    thecoastismine

--
    05 Sep 2018 08:00 AM
    Hello All! I recently got some good news and wanted to keep you all in tune who are anxiously waiting some sort of correspondence.

I received an email recently from my recruiter stating that my "package has completed final review and is qualified to be presented to the selection panel pending approval of physicals, NCIC, and credit check results, waivers, and/or DD-368s."

This is super exciting that I'm moving one step closer. Good Luck to all!
    alaskacoastie85

--
    10 Sep 2018 08:27 PM
    Well this is the week the board convenes for DCE. Good luck everyone.
    Simple1

--
    11 Sep 2018 11:09 PM
    Craig, another DCA here, brother. Marine applicant and first try. Hopeful but nervous. Sounds like it’s going to be a long wait till Nov.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    26 Sep 2018 09:45 AM
    Anyone get a call from recruiter yet for unofficial results?
    Simple1

--
    26 Sep 2018 04:56 PM
    I hope you know something I don’t, but from my understanding we’re way too early. I think I heard by Thanksgiving, and if we’re lucky, maybe late October.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    26 Sep 2018 08:06 PM
    I was told since the panel date was earlier this year, unofficial results might be earlier.
    Bryanbxbuhu

--
    10 Oct 2018 09:03 AM
    any news?
    Curtman

--
    16 Oct 2018 07:41 AM
    Anyone have an updated release date?
    MegaOhm

--
    16 Oct 2018 11:16 AM
    I just got a call. The unofficial list is out.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Oct 2018 01:29 PM
    Sweet how many they making? I just text my recruiter.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Oct 2018 01:46 PM
    Just got the word. Selected (primary) for DCE.
    alaskacoastie85

--
    16 Oct 2018 03:59 PM
    So once you find out from the unofficial that you are a primary, what is the next step? Are you for sure making it?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 512345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement