Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Sep DCO Board
Last Post 20 Mar 2019 10:28 AM by kittyhawk20. 96 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
MegaOhm

--
16 Oct 2018 05:04 PM
I don't know for sure how many they're making, but my recruiter said that if we're already in the service and on the unofficial list, we should be good since our medical and background stuff should already be in order. (Any recruiters around who know better, feel free to correct me. I may have misunderstood.)
alaskacoastie85

--
16 Oct 2018 05:28 PM
Did you make this list? Are you enlisted as well?
Clamyman

--
17 Oct 2018 11:19 AM
My recruiter called and said I was first for PTMO.........then texted me an hour later and said he screwed up and I was #1 on the alternate for PTMO. Well played recruiter.....well played
Simple1

--
17 Oct 2018 05:19 PM
Posted By Clamyman on 17 Oct 2018 12:19 PM
My recruiter called and said I was first for PTMO.........then texted me an hour later and said he screwed up and I was #1 on the alternate for PTMO. Well played recruiter.....well played

Dude, that is brutal.
BeeMan

--
17 Oct 2018 10:32 PM
I received a call from my recruiter yesterday and was notified I've been selected for PTMO. Apparently only 6 PTMO packages made it to the board and only 3 were selected. Any other PTMOs out there?
Bmcalis

--
18 Oct 2018 04:40 AM
Also got the call on the 16th, primary for DCA, congrats for those that made it, hope to see you at DCO academy. if you didn’t, don’t get discouraged, please keep trying! Could have given up on DCA three times...so glad I kept trying. USCG is a highly sought after service...people are turning down O4 in other branches to come in as an O2 in the USCG. It really is that awesome, and worth all the effort to get there. Semper Paratus!!!
Simple1

--
18 Oct 2018 08:28 AM
Also got picked up for DCA. Good advice, BM. I almost never applied because I was over on time in service. Good friend of mine told me to apply and let the board tell me no, not to do it to myself.
Banana57

--
18 Oct 2018 09:59 AM
Currently deployed but received an email from the recruiter letting me know I was a primary for DCA. BmCalis is right, on the O-4 board but I won’t be thinking twice about becoming an O-2 in the USCG. Congrats to everyone else who was selected.
valover

--
18 Oct 2018 10:37 AM
Received a call from my recruiter on Tuesday stating I was selected as a primary candidate for DCE (unofficial list). Congrats to everyone else!
ClarkKent

--
20 Oct 2018 01:50 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster. Congrats to all who got the call. My recruiter called Tuesday Oct 16 and advised I was selected as a primary for DCE.

Does anybody know the timeframe on the official list?
RealQuick

--
20 Oct 2018 05:35 AM
I was selected as alternate #6, hopefully I get picked up, but I'm doubtful as I'm so far down the list.
Simple1

--
25 Oct 2018 04:55 PM
Curious if anybody has gotten an email or letter yet? Or will that come out after the official results?
alaskacoastie85

--
25 Oct 2018 05:05 PM
I just got the call from recruiter nothing more. I know seven people made it.
ClarkKent

--
25 Oct 2018 11:49 PM
Some letters for DCE have been sent and received. I was told that it is imperative that, once received, you respond quickly via email or snail mail.

The rumor for the unofficial selection numbers are:
DCA = 8
DCE = 8
DCIO = 2
DCPA = 1
DCSS = 6
PTMO = 3
alaskacoastie85

--
26 Oct 2018 12:28 AM
Do we receive the letter via mail or email? Have you received yours? I’m stationed in Alaska and hope it doesn’t get lost.
crawl55

--
26 Oct 2018 06:23 PM
I received my letter of intent today for DCA. I do have an issue with the timeline and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with not being able to access during the "no sooner" month. I have an Active Duty Service Obligation with the Army until 25 May 2019. The letter states April for commissioning and May for DCO. Any advice or experience here? Thanks in advance.
Bmcalis

--
27 Oct 2018 05:40 AM
@crawl55:
Congratulations!
Same here. Got letter yesterday and returned via email. I’m deployed to afghanistan until May. Either HRC or USCG recruiting should be able to work with you on the timing.

I wouldn’t stress too much, I bet this happens a lot. There are waivers and ETPs to cover situations like these, I expect once the detailer reaches out to us we can find the best path through the admin jungle.
MegaOhm

--
27 Oct 2018 08:51 PM
My recruiter told me there's a June class too so if we can't do April/May, we just need to explain why when we send our letters of intent in.
NextChapter12

--
29 Oct 2018 02:35 PM
Congrats on everyone that was selected. I was also picked up as PTMO. I live overseas and I look forward to getting the letter of intent in the mail. I have my UQR completed and ready to turn in. I am only waiting on a commissioning date. Are others in the same boat?
crawl55

--
04 Nov 2018 09:06 PM
Thanks for the positive reply's! I did find out when I replied to the CG that there will in fact be two dates for hiring and DCO. They were just unsure of the dates. Aside from that, anyone able to post 009-18_ALCGRECRUITING DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO) PROGRAM 10 SEP 2018 SELECTION RESULTS 31 OCT 18? Thanks for all the help and congratulations to all who were selected.
ClarkKent

--
13 Nov 2018 08:30 AM
Has the detailer contacted anyone about DCO? Is there a standard-ish timeframe they usually reach out?
Simple1

--
13 Nov 2018 09:00 AM
According to the DCO guide, about 3-5mo after the board. I’m just curious with recent news of potential political changes, how this timeline might be adjusted.
CGScotty

--
15 Nov 2018 11:35 AM
R 31 OCT 18
BT
UNCLAS //N01131//
ALCGRECRUITING 009/18
SUBJ: DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO) PROGRAM 10 SEP 2018 SELECTION
RESULTS
A. 14 MAY 18 / ALCGRECRUITING 004/18
B. 17 JUL 18 / ALCGRECRUITING 007/18
C. Coast Guard Recruiting Manual, COMDTINST M1100.2 (Series)
D. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual,
COMDTINST M1020.8 (Series)
E. Coast Guard Medical Manual, COMDTINST M6000.1 (Series)
F. Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) Standard Operating Procedure
(SOP)
1. The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security has
approved the results of DCO Selection Panel 02-19, which convened
IAW Refs A and B on 10 September 2018. The panel recommended the
following individuals as primary and alternate candidates for Reserve
or Temporary Direct Commissions.
2. Primary selectees approved by CG PSC are listed in alphabetical
order.
3. Alternates are listed in the order appointments may be offered.
The 02-19 DCO Panel alternate list remains effective until the
Secretary approves the results of the next DCO Panel for the
alternate selectee’s respective program. Alternates are encouraged
to reapply to maximize their commissioning opportunities.
4. Selectees (selectees are appointed Reserve Commissions unless
designated for a Temporary (Temp) Commission):
a. Direct Commission Aviator (DCA)
(1) Primary:
Name Commissioning Rank
Bickham, Steven W. LTJG
Boyle, Andrew J. LTJG
Chocholak, Michael A. LTJG
Cortez, Miguel A. LTJG
Crawford, Alan R. ENS
Hammac, Alexander J. LTJG
Lovell, Justin R. LTJG
McAlister, Bryan P. LTJG
(2) Alternate:
Name Commissioning Rank
1. McGuire, Tyler J. LTJG
2. Adams, Clinton R. LTJG
b. Direct Commission Engineer (DCE)
(1) Primary:
Name Unit Comm Rank
Bruce, John M. OS3 Sector Hampton Roads ENS
Cato, Mariah D. OS3 Sector SENE ENS
Gonzalez, Jacobo ET1 (Temp) CGC DEPENDABLE ENS
Graff, Benjamin M. AET1 (Temp) ATC Mobile ENS
Hansen, Jennifer P. EM2 Sector Lake Michigan ENS
Ogg, Devin J. EM1 (Temp) Sector Anchorage ENS
Yates, Jacob W. IS1 (Temp) CGCU Texas ENS
Zarama, Alexander J. ENS
(2) Alternate:
Name Unit Comm Rank
1. McDonald, Allen J. ITC COMDT (CG-62) ENS
2. Haile, Daniel M. ENS
3. Lofton, Charles ET1 (Temp) CGC RESOLUTE ENS
4. Marcano, Orlando ET2 (Temp) ESD Atlantic City ENS
5. Folk, Benjamin AET2 (Temp) ESD Elizabeth City ENS
6. Quick, Cody T. ENS
7. Smith, Jonathon ET2 (Temp) Base Charleston ENS
8. Leeper, Kenneth AET1 (Temp) AIRSTA Sitka ENS
c. Direct Commission Intelligence Officer (DCIO)
(1) Primary:
Name Unit Commissioning Rank
Berube, Joseph M. LTJG
Yates, Jacob W. IS1 (Temp) CGCU Texas ENS
(2) Alternate:
Name Commissioning Rank
1. Gribble, Matthew B. ENS
2. Banks, Curtis T. ENS
d. Direct Commission Physician Assistant (DCPA) Primary:
Name Commissioning Rank
Lindner, Daniel LT
e. Direct Commission Selected School (DCSS)
(1) Primary:
Name Unit Commissioning Rank
Hughes, Kerrie F. ENS
Hunts, Justin A. ME2 PSU 305 ENS
White, Christopher J. ENS
Crisci, Daniel A. ENS
Espinoza, Phillip T. ENS
Taggart, Cole H. ENS
(2) Alternate:
Name Commissioning Rank
1. Bagnal, Holden B. ENS
2. Bailey, Jacob P. ENS
3. Cooper, Todd J. ENS
4. Ferguson, Russell C. ENS
5. Anderson, Geoffrey O. ENS
6. McClendon, Zada S. ENS
f. Prior Trained Military Officer (PTMO)
(1) Primary:
Name Commissioning Rank
Hughes, Kerrie F. LTJG
Immel, Jonathan M. LTJG
Marcenelle, Michael C. ENS
(2) Alternate:
Name Commissioning Rank
1. Severance, Maxwell C. ENS
5. Selectees will receive letters notifying them of their selection
and any pending commissioning requirements. Final appointment is
contingent upon meeting all commissioning eligibility requirements
and remaining fully qualified IAW Refs A through F.
6. This announcement is for planning purposes only and is not
authority to issue travel orders to attend DCO school.
7. Recruiters shall ensure all primary and alternate selectees’ SF-
86 information is current, then release the SF-86 in EQIP upon
receipt of this message and mail all original documents via
traceable means to CG SECCEN to initiate a NACLC check.
8. The selection panel consisted of the following members:
Name Unit
CAPT D. J. Godfrey Operations Systems Center
CDR R. L. Lewis CG Counterintelligence Service
LCDR J. H. Gordon COMDT (CG-831)
LT J. M. Bethel CG PSC-RPM-2
LT J. E. Silva LDC
9. Applicants who were not selected or were selected as alternates
are required to reapply through their recruiting office if
interested in being considered for any future selection panel.
10. The proceedings of a selection panel, including its deliberations
and criteria for selection, cannot be disclosed to any person who was
not a member of the panel. However, the panel precept is available on
the Panels and Reports (PARTS) CG Portal page,
https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/cgrc/AccessionsDiv/OAA/SitePages/Pan
els%20and%20Reports.aspx.
11. Questions regarding the results of the panel can be directed to
the Panels and Reports Manager at CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
12. Serving as a selection panel member is an excellent professional
development opportunity for officers. Officers interested in serving
as members of an officer selection panel should contact LCDR Eric
Meaders via email at CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
13. CAPT Thomas F. Walsh, Jr., Commanding Officer, CG RC, sends.
14. Internet release authorized.
BT
NNNN

NextChapter12

--
27 Nov 2018 08:28 AM
Has anyone learned of their commissioning date yet?
alaskacoastie85

--
27 Nov 2018 10:01 AM
Not an official date no. I think we will hear from the AO first. That’s what I’m looking forward too.
jbsmith91

--
27 Nov 2018 04:38 PM
Any alternate DCE get selected
jbsmith91

--
27 Nov 2018 04:38 PM
Any alternate DCE get selected
alaskacoastie85

--
29 Nov 2018 01:14 PM
Anyone get picks list yet?
valover

--
30 Nov 2018 07:21 AM
I was told that we would not see the list until February or March of 2019.  
I hope it is much sooner but I won't hold my breath
crawl55

--
30 Nov 2018 06:52 PM
Quick poll...

How do most here who are selected under a direct commission program "depart" their current service.  I had submitted my resignation prior to the board being conducted, but I understand there are some who turn in their resignation paperwork once their notification of selection is made.  For those of you who fit that description, how did you select your date of discharge from your service?  I have to submit a date change to align my discharge date with the commissioning timeline so that there is no break in service.  I am concerned that I will not be informed of the official hire dates until it is too late for me to do so by regulation.  Advice / insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement