Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Sep DCO Board
Last Post 02 May 2019 06:49 PM by BeeMan. 136 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 5 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
alaskacoastie85

--
30 Nov 2018 09:19 PM
I hope that’s not the case or I won’t make it to DCO school. I’m in Alaska and need at least a three month notice to use the ferry to get to Seattle. I might have to go TDY and PCS afterwards. Not sure if that would work but might not have a choice due to me being here in AK.
NextChapter12

--
01 Dec 2018 04:52 AM
Crawl55,
I have not submitted my UQR paperwork to the army yet. I am doing my best to be patient. Without our commissioning date, I can’t determine my army ETS date (the day prior to). I hope that come mid December we will find out our date. I will submit my UQR paperwork the same day. I am already mentally preparing to get separation orders from the army in February. It will be last minute but it is what it is. It will work out. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
kirkaland

--
01 Dec 2018 06:45 AM
Posted By NextChapter12 on 01 Dec 2018 05:52 AM
Crawl55,
I have not submitted my UQR paperwork to the army yet. I am doing my best to be patient. Without our commissioning date, I can’t determine my army ETS date (the day prior to). I hope that come mid December we will find out our date. I will submit my UQR paperwork the same day. I am already mentally preparing to get separation orders from the army in February. It will be last minute but it is what it is. It will work out. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Submit your uqr for June 1st, and get it approved. Then once you get the actual date you just need to submit a memo and get your orders amended. That's what I did and it took about 1 day for hrc to turn around that memo and then another day for the installation to publish my amendment
kirkaland

--
01 Dec 2018 06:49 AM
Posted By alaskacoastie85 on 30 Nov 2018 10:19 PM
I hope that’s not the case or I won’t make it to DCO school. I’m in Alaska and need at least a three month notice to use the ferry to get to Seattle. I might have to go TDY and PCS afterwards. Not sure if that would work but might not have a choice due to me being here in AK.

For DCA this last cycle we got notified in early July, got our commissioning date in August, assignment in early October, and commission December 12th.
ClarkKent

--
17 Dec 2018 11:55 AM
Has anyone received any communications regarding picks? Dates? Assignments? I've been on leave for awhile and don't have email access.
Simple1

--
17 Dec 2018 06:36 PM
I’d give your recruiter a call. There were 2 commissioning and associated DCO dates pushed out and I was asked for my preference.  Nothing beyond that though.
alaskacoastie85

--
18 Dec 2018 01:55 AM
Posted By Simple1 on 17 Dec 2018 07:36 PM
I’d give your recruiter a call. There were 2 commissioning and associated DCO dates pushed out and I was asked for my preference.  Nothing beyond that though.

I’m a primary and I haven’t heard anything from my recruiter. He had told me before that now that I was selected, I wouldn’t deal with him anymore. Maybe because I’m active duty (Coast Guard). Simple1 are you already in the USCG?
Simple1

--
18 Dec 2018 09:23 AM
No, I’m in a different branch.
crawl55

--
06 Jan 2019 11:15 AM
Has anyone selected on this board heard from the AO regarding assignments? I have heard from my recruiter about commissioning dates and school dates, just wondering when we will find out where we are going! I am sure the shutdown and holidays are having some effect...
mbgribble07

--
07 Jan 2019 01:37 AM
What were the dates that you have heard?
valover

--
07 Jan 2019 04:18 AM

I was told that commissioning would happen in April and school would be in May.  However, there may be a delay for school because  supposedly  the January class ran out of room and some of the selectees were pushed back to the May class.  I am not sure if that will have an impact on the rest of us but I won't be surprised if it does.

crawl55

--
07 Jan 2019 06:51 AM
I also heard April / May for the first class and June / Aug for the second.
Simple1

--
07 Jan 2019 05:30 PM
Who knows with the great shutdown of 2019, but per the generic ‘timeline’, next week puts us right at the start of the 3-5mo window for the AO to reach out. I also requested the 2nd class. But yeah, I really hope it’s soon. My wife and I are getting antsy in all the silence.
MegaOhm

--
07 Jan 2019 07:28 PM
We should already be in that window, since the countdown began the date of our panel. Our panel met September 10, so if things run on schedule, we should find out between early December and early February. But it's the Coast Guard, so I figure we'll find out in March or April.
ClarkKent

--
07 Jan 2019 08:16 PM
I requested the April/June timeframe, however, DA being down may have assisted in the ongoing silence. To the folks that are not in the lower 48 or are overseas and/or in other branches, have you been told anything more regarding PCS'ing? Separating from your branch? Traditional timelines?
Simple1

--
07 Jan 2019 08:26 PM
Other branch here, and no. The last word I got from anybody was my recruiter in early December. They asked for my preference on class date and I asked if I could bank on that or if I should wait for the AO to reach out. They told me to wait.
NextChapter12

--
08 Jan 2019 03:40 AM
I am serving in another Branch and I live overseas. The only information that I have received is that the commissioning date is 29 April. That allowed me to submit all my paperwork and obtain orders to depart my current branch. I think that we will hear something from our reps in the coming weeks. Patience is key. It will happen eventually.
thecoastismine

--
14 Jan 2019 05:03 AM
I realize that the the current political situation may hinder things, but...

I'm a DCSS applicant who made the alternate list. Since applying, I enlisted, graduated boot camp, and I'm out in the fleet doing the job. I plan to try again if I'm not bumped up. If any alternates start getting calls please let me/us know. Good luck to all. Semper Paratus.
mbgribble07

--
15 Jan 2019 07:04 AM
Posted By NextChapter12 on 08 Jan 2019 04:40 AM
I am serving in another Branch and I live overseas. The only information that I have received is that the commissioning date is 29 April. That allowed me to submit all my paperwork and obtain orders to depart my current branch. I think that we will hear something from our reps in the coming weeks. Patience is key. It will happen eventually.
NextChapter12, Could you share some more details on this, I am in the same situation. Air Force stationed in Germany. You got orders to separate/PCS already? If so, was that to your home of record? And what did you use for your service to curtail your DEROS and change your date of separation? Thanks for the help. 

KSU

--
15 Jan 2019 12:56 PM
Congratulations to all of you selected! I was about where you all are now a little over a year ago after being selected for DCA from the summer 2017 board. Came from the Army. If anyone has any DCA, UQR or DCO School questions feel free to PM me.
NextChapter12

--
16 Jan 2019 05:11 AM

Absolutely.  I am in the Army but the process must be similar.  Once I received our Coast Guard Oath of Office date, I submitted my resignation packet. HRC approved it in record time and my local installation “cut” my orders within days.  The army asked me if I prefer orders returning me to my HOR or to the duty station where I entered service.  I picked my HOR, as I will consolidate my household goods here, ship my car to, etc. 

As far as my DEROs, I am only going to exceed it by a few days so it is not an issue for me. I have not even looked into getting it changed. I dont suspect that you will have a problem, as you have a signed DD-368. 

I recommend that you contact your Human Resource career manager and installation transition office. They will be able to answer all of your questions and get you on the right track. I am also happy to help if you have more questions. 

mbgribble07

--
16 Jan 2019 11:20 PM
Posted By NextChapter12 on 16 Jan 2019 06:11 AM

Absolutely.  I am in the Army but the process must be similar.  Once I received our Coast Guard Oath of Office date, I submitted my resignation packet. HRC approved it in record time and my local installation “cut” my orders within days.  The army asked me if I prefer orders returning me to my HOR or to the duty station where I entered service.  I picked my HOR, as I will consolidate my household goods here, ship my car to, etc. 

As far as my DEROs, I am only going to exceed it by a few days so it is not an issue for me. I have not even looked into getting it changed. I dont suspect that you will have a problem, as you have a signed DD-368. 

I recommend that you contact your Human Resource career manager and installation transition office. They will be able to answer all of your questions and get you on the right track. I am also happy to help if you have more questions. 

Thank you very much for the information. I have all of the information and paperwork you described so I will go have this conversation and see what happens. I appreciate your time, best of luck to you!

-Matt

ClarkKent

--
28 Jan 2019 03:11 PM
Has anybody gotten any information yet?
crawl55

--
28 Jan 2019 06:36 PM
I have been in touch with my recruiter but I have not been in contact with the AO. Is this par for the course? Have others had similar experiences?
valover

--
29 Jan 2019 07:03 AM
Is there anyway to reach out to the detailer?
FishDuck09

--
29 Jan 2019 03:52 PM
After talking with my recruiter, we should expect an additional piece of correspondence by the end of next week either in email or snail mail form with confirmed oath and school dates. OPM was off during the shutdown and they have the applicant info which they will be handing over to the detailers after sending out the correspondence, with detailer contact expected in two to three weeks. Based on CG msgs I believe O3 and below slating is due to be complete by 22 March. Hope some of that helps, even as vague as it might be.
64driver

--
30 Jan 2019 12:37 PM
Hey everyone, I am going to my interview soon and for those that did DCA, can you PM me some of the questions they asked if you remember so I can start prepping?

Thanks

Chris
valover

--
05 Feb 2019 11:25 AM
Has anyone heard from the AO? I received my official commission & school dates but still no info about where we are going.
Simple1

--
05 Feb 2019 01:03 PM
Nothing here yet. I was told expect the end of the month/early next month for the AO to reach out. They’re probably deep with all the current movers right now.
MegaOhm

--
05 Feb 2019 02:13 PM
valover, did you receive official commission and school date via email or in the mail? I still haven't gotten mine.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement