Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Need Advice!
Last Post 20 Jul 2018 06:07 AM by Old Guard2. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CoastieForLife96

--
14 Jul 2018 07:53 PM
    So i am currently an ET A School student and have been trying to think of all the cool places that i could be stationed at! But i have a few questions about the possibilites of my girlfriend being able to move with me to where ever i get stationed whether that be a Cutter or an ashore unit.  I was just curious about how housing works when you're stationed on some of the larger cutters? Will i be able to get BAH/Government housing to where my GF can live with me or will i be just living in the ships berthing?  Thanks!
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    14 Jul 2018 07:59 PM
    Unless you're married, the CG isn't going to pay to relocate her. Your BAH will be paid at the "without dependants" rate.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    14 Jul 2018 09:50 PM
    Will you be an E4 when your graduate school? If you are then you will draw single rate BAH. You will move her on your dime.
    CoastieForLife96

--
    15 Jul 2018 03:30 PM
    Thanks! Ill be a rated Seamen...  I won't advance to E4 till about 2 months after graduating A School
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    15 Jul 2018 07:08 PM
    Depending where you get assigned you may not be able to draw BAH until E4.
    CoastieForLife96

--
    15 Jul 2018 08:58 PM
    Okay, Thanks for the insight!  Im not too worried about how much the cost of moving her to my station will be, but more on the lines of being able to get BAH/Government housing in general as a (soon to be) PO.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    16 Jul 2018 11:12 AM
    Google BAH calculator. You enter a zip code and it will tell you how much BAH you will get for that zip which will help you know how much you have to spend on housing.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    16 Jul 2018 07:00 PM
    Not 100% on this but I didn't think a girlfriend could live in government housing so you would have to be released to the economy to live together
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    16 Jul 2018 08:06 PM
    That won't qualify the OP for a release from Gov't housing.  The CG will only recognize a valid marraige
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    CoastieForLife96

--
    16 Jul 2018 09:35 PM
    Thanks for all the info! I'll just have to do some research on all the stations housing options whenever the billets come in.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    m1ashooter

--
    17 Jul 2018 05:44 PM
    I recommend anything in Texas.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Jul 2018 06:07 AM
    Keep in mind on a lease YOU are covered by a military clause, she is NOT. So you 2 going trotting off into the sunset and sign a year long lease on an apartment. For some unknown, explainable reason the CG transfers you in 3 months. The apartment tells you "Go with God" but she is still liable for the remaining 9 months. If you get a CG leased housing, you will be living with other Coasties and GF will not be allowed to move in with you. If you are stationed on a cutter, they could require you to live aboard. I don't encourage anyone to get married if they are not ready but I also do not encourage anyone dragging around a boy/girlfriend. Either make the commitment to each other or visit her back at home when you are on leave.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement