Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Need a response!!
Last Post 01 Aug 2018 10:39 PM by CaptainAmerica01. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CaptainAmerica01

--
01 Aug 2018 01:49 AM
    Has any recruiter on this forum had a prior service applicant with prior issues (anxiety,depression, PTSD) in their branch of service but you worked with them and helped sort through all medical documents so they could enlist? OR did you just give up on them because there are many other prior service applicants that are better off? No VA disability. Just record of mental health. Please respond. Someone.
    kirkaland

--
    01 Aug 2018 10:18 AM
    I mean why don't you just talk to a recruiter? They'll tell you one way or the other if it's workable. They don't want to waste time any more than you do.
    CaptainAmerica01

--
    01 Aug 2018 02:54 PM
    I have and I am about to go to the medical processing station. I would just like to know if a recruiter on this forum has had a prior service member with these issues and their success rate. I am expecting to be disqualified but if there is any hope I would like to hear a success story.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    01 Aug 2018 05:53 PM
    The Medical Standards for Enlistment manual, which is used by all five branches of the Service, is pretty clear about the conditions you've metioned, especially if you've been on medication for them. I'm fairly certain a diagnosis of PTSD is gong to be a deal breaker

When you say you're prior service, did you serve a full enlistment and get a discharge with an appropriate re-enlistment code? Or did you get a medical discharge as a result of your conditions?  If you were discharged because of one or more of the conditions, you're not going to be able to join.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    CaptainAmerica01

--
    01 Aug 2018 10:29 PM
    I am still currently in the Reseeves. My diagnosis was suicidal ideation with anxiety on a deployment related directly to family issues back home.They gave me medication for 1 month (military doctors). They took my weapons away but have cleared me for duty after an extensive process with a counselor and proving I am okay. I was throwing PTSD out there more for another example or if anyone has had a success story from a prior service person. I don’t have PTSD sorry for the confusion. But that is my diagnosis as listed above. The code I received is an assignment limitation code and according to the doctor for the reserves it goes away after a certain amount of time. I’ve had to go to an outpatient course and attend a course on anxiety. I passed the course. I am cleared for duty according to my branch of service with a code on my file. (Kind of like a profile but mentally not physically) So this is where I am confused because the Coast Guard may say no but another branch has cleared me? My Projected RE code is a 1. I am just scared about going to MEPS with all of this on my file.
    CaptainAmerica01

--
    01 Aug 2018 10:39 PM
    My current unit has not discharged me and I am currently in good standing in the reserves other than that code.I just wanted to go active duty. This conditional release DD FORM 368 is completely voluntary and has been my decision.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement