Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Basic OCS-R Application Qs
Last Post 23 Feb 2019 09:29 PM by Madmark22. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Zaveariah

--
08 Aug 2018 11:32 AM
    Hello!
    I am a senior in college, studying Political Science and Arabic. I plan on applying for OCS-R after I finish university, and had a few logistical questions about doing so. 

First of all, when should I apply? I know that OCS training sessions are held in January and in the summer, and if I graduate in May 2019, should I be applying for the summer of 2019 or for the following January? And when would I need to apply for either of those?

Secondly, does it matter where I apply from? I am in school in NYC but am from Minnesota; should I be talking to recruiters from one of those places specifically or does it not matter since I'd be training in the same place? 

Lastly, what are the best ways to start my application process? Should I seek out officers in the Coast Guard and as for advice and help, or to recruiters? Or does the application give me everything I need?

Thank you so much!
    Ematthew

--
    08 Aug 2018 01:21 PM
    If you wanted to shoot for the summer of 2019 OCS class, typically in July, you would have to submit your packet to a recruiter NLT 16NOV18 (panel meets 28JAN19). Since you will be applying prior to graduation, your recruiter would show you what you need from your school to prove to the CG you would be degree complete prior to the OCS class convening date. If you can’t make the November deadlines, then the next chance would be May of next year for a chance to attend OCS in January of 2020. Also, If you are in NYC you would be best off going to the Manhattan recruiting office for various reasons. It doesn’t matter where you are from. Good luck to you, and call the recruiters to schedule a meeting soon, the application process is lengthy.
    kirkaland

--
    08 Aug 2018 01:22 PM
    Read the OJAK (Officer Job Application Kit). The application process is pretty lengthy as the whole application packet has to be turned in well before the actual board and then it takes several months after the board meets for the results to be released and your OCS date. Pickup rates for civilian OCS off the street are pretty low, so I'd have a solid Plan B lined up either enlistment or civilian employment. You might need a job after college anyways given the gap you'll have after graduation. Doesn't especially matter where you work with a recruiter, whichever is more convenient and makes more sense. Probably makes sense to work with a recruiter by your college since you'll be there and easier to go in and meet him/her. You'll have to talk to a recruiter about the timing of the application. I'm almost certain you won't be able to apply in time for the July OCS class as that board meets in February I think and I don't think the Coast Guard accepts candidates for OCS who haven't finished their bachelor's. The board for the January OCS class meets in July so you might be able to get your application in for that but you'll have to talk to a recruiter or look in the OJAK to find the latest time lines.
    Ematthew

--
    08 Aug 2018 06:21 PM
    You can apply prior to receiving your degree. I did. Talk to a recruiter.
    Madmark22

--
    23 Feb 2019 09:29 PM
    Hey, quick question for you sir. I applied for OCS-R for July 2019, and meet with my interview panel on December 10th or December 11th in 2018, and I saw that a lot of people had applied as you stated by November... I see that the panel has already made its selection from the November candidates, but I am wondering when I will here the results of my panel selection... My recruiter said sometime in march, but maby you have a better estimate???
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement