Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Sunkin Sub off Cape May?
Last Post 25 Jan 2010 10:08 AM by MHOLEHAN. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Capt Eddie

--
10 Dec 2008 11:10 AM
    I have heard that there is a sunkin submarine off of Cape May? I have looked everywhere for the GPS coordinates but come up empty handed can anyone help me out? I have the basic reef book but I know there's more down there then what's listed.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    XShipRider

--
    10 Dec 2008 05:50 PM
    The USS JACOB JONES (DD-130) was sunk off the coast near Cape May. I did not know a submarine was sunk near there, though it is certainly possible.
    SaveTheDucks

--
    26 Mar 2009 06:13 PM
    There also was a cement ship that was made that didn't make it very far by Cape May near the light house.

Jeanette

Netterz

MSTs: Cause I care more about animals than saving people
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    26 Mar 2009 10:09 PM
    We've got one of those concrete ships here down in Galveston, the SS Selma. They were made during WWI. The ship off Cape May is the SS Atlantus.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CWUSCG

--
    15 Apr 2009 01:48 AM
    How deep is it??? Im a certified Open Water diver and would LOVE to check that out someday.

Shipping out April 20th!! NOVEMBER 181!

CGC Dallas(WHEC 716)
    November-181
    "Keep our hands steady and our eyes observant. Keep our hearts pure and our course true for come hell or high water, when called by those in need we shall always be their guardians of the sea."
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mrhott

--
    15 Apr 2009 06:11 PM
    It can't be very deep. The people at the hotel we stayed at asked us if we saw it when were at the light house. We did not but didn't know to look for anything.

Proud Father SN Hottinger, Kaeli
    Delta181 Graduated 3 APRIL 2009
    FS A School TRACEN Petaluma
    Roomates with SN Kribell, Heather from Bravo181

"Life should not be  journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaining -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"

Proud Father  of FS3 Hottinger, Kaeli
    USCG Cutter Mellon WHEC 717 Seattle, WA

"Life should not be  journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaining -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    15 Apr 2009 07:52 PM
    How deep is what? The concrete ship is sticking up out of the water.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Apr 2009 08:07 PM
    http://www.sunsetbeachnj.com/concreteship.html

A picture is worth a 1000 words and there is a story to go with it! :)

If you can guess when he'll graduate, you are a step ahead of me at this point!  Keep plugging Colin!

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mrhott

--
    15 Apr 2009 08:15 PM
    cry mad   DANG!!!!  I did see it and I didn't get pictures of it.  Here is a picture of a bunker on the beach.  I think the sign said it use to be 900 feet from the water and now the tide comes all the way in.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mrhott

--
    15 Apr 2009 08:22 PM
    Bunker picture that shows a little size.  Built in 1942.

krookedsession

--
    19 May 2009 02:06 PM

thats the cement ship in my santa cruz stomping grounds I swam out to it with the seals and what not out there one of the scariest things I did all for a new pair of slip on vans haahaa

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!

1 day left
    dmarr

--
    18 Jun 2009 08:58 PM
    Pardon my ignorance - what is a concrete ship? Seems like an oxymoron.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    18 Jun 2009 09:32 PM
    A concrete ship is a ship made out of concrete.

You can look it up in Wikipedia.<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 8/22/2009 1:00:44 PM GMT

dmarr

--
    18 Jun 2009 10:51 PM
    Thanks - you learn something new everyday. I had never heard of a concrete ship.
    Genjoi

--
    22 Aug 2009 11:38 AM
    I'm sure there's a ship or two out at the cape may reef. I use to fish there a lot, though the fishing died a lot over the past few years. :(
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    COASTIE_CLEMENTINE

--
    24 Aug 2009 03:05 AM
    I saw the picture of this and it looks really pretty

~Semper Paratus~

~Semper Paratus~

MHOLEHAN

--
    25 Jan 2010 10:08 AM
    Just came to the site. The 'Sub' you are talking about is a WWII German Sub. The History chanel did a show on it and a book called Shadow divers talkes about it. Check it out, it has a lot of information in it.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement