Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Delayed entry program
Last Post 17 Sep 2018 07:12 PM by mkelly. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
ng04

--
09 Sep 2018 09:17 PM
    Hello,
    I have a few questions on DEP. Is it true when you swear into the delayed entry program that you have one year to schedule a boot camp date? Also does the date you swear into DEP start the active duty contract time? Lastly is it true that at any time you don’t want further the process in the DEP that you can back out free and clear with no ties to the CG.

Please get back to me 
    Thank you
    cliffordthebigreddog

--
    12 Sep 2018 06:43 PM
    Once in DEP you have one year from that day to ship out. If you wait longer then 365 days, you will have to do the medical over again. Your active duty contract time does not start until you get to basic. You do not receive payment from the Coast Guard until you enter basic. You are payed while in basic, but not prior to basic. You can back out at any time before you leave. I have heard of guys not showing up to MEPs on day of shipping out. They didn't even tell their recruiter that they weren't showing up. I assume nothing happened to them. You're not arrested if thats what you're thinking.
    cliffordthebigreddog

--
    12 Sep 2018 06:44 PM
    Once in DEP you have one year from that day to ship out. If you wait longer then 365 days, you will have to do the medical over again. Your active duty contract time does not start until you get to basic. You do not receive payment from the Coast Guard until you enter basic. You are payed while in basic, but not prior to basic. You can back out at any time before you leave. I have heard of guys not showing up to MEPs on day of shipping out. They didn't even tell their recruiter that they weren't showing up. I assume nothing happened to them. You're not arrested if thats what you're thinking.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    12 Sep 2018 07:29 PM
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    cliffordthebigreddog

--
    17 Sep 2018 11:36 AM
    Posted By CPORJM on 12 Sep 2018 08:29 PM
    Why the double post?  http://www.uscg.org/Forum/aft/32455.aspx#177337

When I hit the submit button, my computer said "not responding" so I hit it again and it went through twice.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    17 Sep 2018 03:31 PM
    Clifford,  that was meant for the OP, not you. He made the same post in two different sub forums.  Sorry for any confusion
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    17 Sep 2018 07:12 PM
    I don't know how things work now but my brother signed up for the Air Force DEP and then didn't show up for his ship date. He didn't get arrested or anything like that. The recruiter called pretty upset and said he would never get a federal job again. About 10 years later my brother tried to get a job at a federal prison and they turned him down citing his no show. I don't know how the prison knew about it or how that would even be documented in a record like that but it did have an impact on his life 10 years later.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement