Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Splitting active duty orders
Last Post 30 Sep 2018 06:20 PM by ricodeelite. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ricodeelite

--
30 Sep 2018 10:04 AM
    Probably an odd question here, but I'm a reservist looking to get some active duty time in.  However, my wife works full-time and we have a very small child, so I can't really just up and leave.  I've been keeping my eyes open for a title 10 position or any active duty spot that is open at my unit or another nearby one, but most of them have been much farther away and for long periods of time (6 months+).  My question is, for these types of jobs (or any active duty spot such as Summer stock), is it possible to split the orders with another reservist? (ie.- the position is for 6 months, I do the first 4, and another reservist does the remaining 2).

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    30 Sep 2018 12:47 PM
    Summerstock orders are for 90 days minimum, unless that's changed. The entire Summerstock operation is only for four months (May-Sept) anyway, so you wouldn't be able to split that period. As for splitting T10 orders, I've never heard of it happening. 

The question I have for you is if being gone for an extended period is an issue for you, what are you going to do if/when you're involuntarily recalled? If you're needed for a year, you're going to be gone for a year. I can guarantee it will happen at least once in your CGR career. Of the five times I've been recalled, three of them were involuntary. Of those three, I was away from home for two of them.

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    ricodeelite

--
    30 Sep 2018 02:27 PM
    Involuntary deployments are no big deal; I signed up expecting to be deployed and if it happens involuntarily, it is what it is. My wife is ready for that. It's when I start seeking out long periods of extra time away from my family/job that I run into problems.
    ricodeelite

--
    30 Sep 2018 02:32 PM
    Let me rephrase that... "no big deal" meaning no big deal for me because it's what I've expected from my prior service and this go round...not that deployments themselves are no big deal. Realized that could've been misinterpreted in text right after I clicked submit on the last post.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    30 Sep 2018 04:06 PM
    Ah, ok. That clarifies things. Like I said, I've never heard of T10 orders being split, so your better bet would be to see if there are ADOS orders to be had. Those are usually in 30 day increments, so that may work better for you. The caveat with ADOS is that there has to be a need to bring you on AD, usually manpower shortage, surge op, etc. There was a time when you could have those orders for the asking, but now with the budget such as it is, not so much.

If your civilian job is giving you problems with your service, you might want to make yourself aware of USERRA and ESGR..... https://esgr.mil/
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    ricodeelite

--
    30 Sep 2018 06:20 PM
    I completely forgot about ADOS. I'll try to get all settled in and make sure I'm squared away at the unit before looking for that stuff just yet though. Hopefully I can knock out my quals quickly and become eligible for deployments too.

One of the reasons I'm so eager to do some active time is because of how poorly run my civilian job is. It would be a nice break for me to be a part of something with a purpose for a change. I just really don't want to adversely impact my family unnecessarily in doing so. Trying to find a nice balance.

On a side note, I actually have the same Jonathan Swift quote on my locker at work.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement