Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
eQip Questions
Last Post 06 Nov 2018 01:52 PM by db207. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
db207

--
05 Nov 2018 05:13 PM
    Hi all,

First, apologies if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one. 

I'm looking for a little info about the sf86 (eQip). I'm about two hours deep, and nearly done (it's exhaustive, as I suppose, it should be). My recruiter has been great so far, but we keep miscommunicating about what rate of clearance I'm looking for, when the form is due, etc. He's new and still adjusting to the program. Just to be safe and get it done, I'm planning on finishing my eQip tomorrow to avoid any hurdles. With that said, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has insight.

First of all, I've completed all of my various background/credit/police checks, done MEPs, etc. I get "DEP'ed in" this week with an expected ship date of January 8th. My understanding is that there is a backlog on clearance investigations. Is that true? And if so, will my ship date be affected by waiting for the completion of said investigation?

Understanding that this is a more invasive screening than any other check run, what were some of the experiences that any of you had going through the clearance process? It all seems a bit nebulous to me, though perhaps that's by it's nature. I'd love to hear your impressions, your timetables, and any helpful tips you're willing to share!

Thanks.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    05 Nov 2018 06:26 PM
    You will be applying for a Secret clearance. All new ascessions into the CG have to qualify for this. There may come a point in your career that you need to have a TS clearance, but that's a different story for a different day. The police records checks that are done with the recruiter are just a basic check to make sure there are no convictions. The credit check is to make sure youre debt to income ratio is OK, and that there's nothing in collections.

Your security clearance is done to ensure you are trustworthy enough to handle classified material and that there's nothing in your background that could be used to compromise you. There will be neighborhood checks, references will be contacted, your foreign travel (if any) will be checked, as will your criminal and credit histories. Additionally, you'll be interviewed by the background investigator.

There is a backlog of clearance investigations, but those needing new Secret clearances are the first priority. The second priority are those that have a Secret clearance, but now need a Top Secret due to their job. The bottom of the pile are people like me who need our 5 year TS renewal.

"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    db207

--
    06 Nov 2018 01:52 PM
    Thank you. This is more helpful and clarifying than I can possibly express. I feel a bit better about the process now. Good to know about the hierarchical order of processing as well.

As far as the elements, what does a neighborhood check consist of? I live in a fairly transient area and don't know many of my neighbors. I can't imagine that would be an issue, but I suppose I shouldn't assume anything, and I'll simply hope for the best.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement