Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
OCS Application
Last Post 18 Nov 2018 09:06 PM by flyingbeaver. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
jmarket

--
18 Nov 2018 08:42 AM
    Hello all, 

I am 27 years old looking for a career change. For the last three years I was a mariner on the Great Lakes, working for a family business. I absolutely loved being on the water. There is nothing like it. I have a BA in Psychology- and have management experiences as well as my Master's License and Mariner Credential. My father-in-law and brother-in-law are both in the CG and they really enjoy the lifestyle, as well as exhibit the family qualities that I want to have for my family in the future.

I am just beginning the application process to CG OCS with hopes of either going aviation or ME. I am openly looking for any and all recommendations and criticism anyone has of the process and what to do to become a very competitive applicant. Thank you all-
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    18 Nov 2018 08:49 AM
    I'm confused. Are you going enlisted while concurrently applying to OCS or are you wanting to do law enforcement or for as an officer? Either way, both solid choices in my book. Welcome.
    jmarket

--
    18 Nov 2018 09:42 AM
    I have not enlisted- I work professionally right now on Lake Erie. If I do not get into OCS I will most likely enlist. I just want to have the best application I can have when I apply to OCS. Thanks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    stealthtt24

--
    18 Nov 2018 11:35 AM
    Ok so as an officer you want to do flight school or LE stuff? ME is an enlisted job that's what I ask. Best chance for LE as an officer is a cutter out of the academy and get into OPS/WEPO then get to a DSF unit after.
    jmarket

--
    18 Nov 2018 05:34 PM
    Yes, I apologize. I meant to say LE. I appreciate the response. I'm in contact with a recruiter- looking forward to starting the process. I have the ability to spend some time on bases around the Great Lakes Region as well so I can pick some brains of those who do the interviews. Thank you! 

flyingbeaver

--
    18 Nov 2018 09:06 PM
    Sounds like you’re starting off on the right foot. Start early and keep at it. I took the better part of 5 months to get my application submitted from first contacting my recruiter. Remember this is your application and only you will get it finished. Your recruiter can help you with what’s next and scheduling but they’re not going to push you along. You should also note that they get to make comments on your application good or bad so be professional and prepared whenever calling or meeting. Definitely visit the stations nearby you if you know someone who can show you around. Try and find some prior OCS graduates to talk to! Know the OJAK in and out. Highlight any and all leadership experiences in all parts of your application. If you have any specific questions shoot me a message! What board are you applying too?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement