Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Boot Camp Q's
Last Post 13 Dec 2018 10:14 AM by reiss_pieces11. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ajump99664

--
03 Dec 2018 07:58 AM
    I would say my recruiter has done a fantastic job of answering most of my questions, however, I need definite confirmation on the following topics:

1) Coffee - perhaps my only vice, do we get any?

2) Fitness - who leads PT? Do they mix it up everyday or have a weekly routine? What are the most common and difficult exercises?

DEPOT Grads:

3) Schedule - what does the schedule look like?

4) What to bring - the Helmsmen does provide the list, but are there any exceptions? Such as a kindle for reading?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! Can't wait to get going.

If you're going to DEPOT JAN062019, let me know!

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Dec 2018 10:21 AM
    Answers to a couple...

1 - Coffee isn't until it is earned. Sounds like you are going Depot, the standard might be different. Regular boot camp, I think I've heard it is week 5 or even 6 before coffee is a thing.

4 - No Kindle, no electronics of that sort, no personal reading material (such as books), you can read letters from home.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    03 Dec 2018 01:52 PM
    1. As Old Guard said coffee is earned later during boot camp but one disclaimer I have for you is that you have limited time to eat and drink during meal time and you are required to finish any drinks you have on your tray, including coffee that may be hot.
    2. Fitness was always run by either your company commander or a fitness instructor at the gym. Later in boot camp some recruits were allowed to lead the company in pre-workout stretches.
    reiss_pieces11

--
    12 Dec 2018 09:34 AM
    Upon the topic of reading material.  Letters, letters, letters.  Tell your family and friends to write you during boot camp.  I believe you can have a Bible for religious purposes but other than that letters are your "go-to".  I wrote my boyfriend at least once a day while he was in boot camp (that totaled to over 50 letters!).  He had something to read whenever he had time to.  Also, I'm sure that you will want to spend your time studying or tidying up during available time (such as Divine Hours); or write letters back to your family.  Good luck in boot camp!

On another note: no packages and don't have them use envelopes that draw attention (such as different colors or stickers on them).  Plain white envelopes are a safe call.  And no scents either (like perfume).  Plain and simple
    Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    12 Dec 2018 01:06 PM
    Letters were nice in boot camp. I would spend the first hour of divine hours reading and writing letters. The company commanders said to it's not smart to spend that much time with letters but they just say that to scare you. The rest of the week we only had ten minutes a night for reading letters and that just wasn't much time so I saved all of them until Sunday.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Dec 2018 08:27 AM
    Colored envelopes aren't that much of a problem. I know one family (and I don't remember the colors specifically so this is for example)... Moms letters came in Green envelopes; Grandma's letters came in yellow envelopes; Dad blue, sis purple, auntie orange... So when mail call happened he would see the color envelope and already know who wrote! That isn't necessary but it can be fun. What you really don't want are musical cards! That is a big no no! Fun for us with the story you'll tell about being IT'd almost to death for it, not so much fun for you. At least not while it is happening, after the fact you'll probably laugh hysterically. I have a friend that sent a letter the very last week and it was filled with confetti, she did that intentionally. They all got in trouble for the confetti but all had a blast with the trouble got!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    reiss_pieces11

--
    13 Dec 2018 10:14 AM
    I did send an orange envelope one time because it was a Halloween card (made no sound and just had pictures printed on it).  I was worried he'd get in trouble with it being orange but he never mentioned being called out.  Better safe than sorry though lol!  He also didn't get in trouble when I sent about a four foot piece of paper full of writing for him to read (I folded it up into a regular envelope).  He had asked for longer letters (even though I was already writing him once a day), so I sent an extremely long letter.  He said everyone in boot camp was jealous that he got a ridiculously long letter full of writing!
    Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement