Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Reverted
Last Post 21 Dec 2018 06:12 AM by mkelly. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TXCoastieDad

--
19 Dec 2018 06:24 PM
    My son was reverted for a second time entering week 6. 1st time he said he spoke when he was not to. He was a squad leader and company historian. Today we got a call and was told he knew of someone last night that was on a cell phone and he didn't report it. Is that how reversion happens?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Dec 2018 07:51 PM
    That can be exactly how someone gets reverted. Plenty of people get reverted twice, it happens. Letters of encouragement and this too shall pass. Before he knows it, boot camp will be in the rearview and his career in the CG wel be in front of him. This was an important lesson.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    TXCoastieDad

--
    20 Dec 2018 10:39 AM
    Some friends have said that the story was untrue I was told, that the CC take their cell phones at boot camp. Is that true or if a recruit wanted to, they could get to theirs?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Dec 2018 11:58 AM
    If this was post on-base liberty, then yes, the recruit had his/her cell phone. And no, they are not allowed to use it. I do believe they still take them at the beginning of boot camp but give them back for liberty purposes. It is my understanding the base was in the process of removing all the payphones so recruits had to have access to something to call home during on base and off base liberty times. There are few exceptions of being able to use it at any other time, and if they do have one of those exceptional times that they are allowed to use their cell phone, the CC knows about it and is probably present.

No, that is completely believable and probable. Is it 100% the truth? I don't know, I'm not there. But believe your Coastie above all others. He is the one there, doing the job, getting the training. If he says that is what happened, he probably called you from a CC's office???? He isn't going to lie about what happened with a Company Commander standing over him.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    20 Dec 2018 12:03 PM
    More and more they are letting recruits keep cell phones. I've heard, how true it is I do not know, that the Air Force allows their recruits to keep their cells the entire time and they are allowed to call home every weekend! Could you imagine!!!!

I can honestly remember my JCPenney credit card account number that I canceled in 1997. But I couldn't tell you my home phone number, not for all the tea in China! My son was reverted in boot camp. He called his grandmother. Not because he didn't want to call me but because he couldn't just speed dial MOM from the CC's office. (10 years ago they didn't get their cell phones at all.) No one remembers phone numbers, you just touch the name and voila, you are calling someone. I have friends from this forum that I've known going on 11, 12 years. I couldn't tell you their phone number if you held a gun to my head. Because I touch their name and I text them or call them or DM on facebook with them. Point being recruits keep their phones more and more frequently now.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    20 Dec 2018 05:05 PM
    My understanding (which may be completely inaccurate) is that they are allowed limited access at week 6.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    21 Dec 2018 06:12 AM
    The bottom line is people don't get reverted for only doing what they were supposed to be doing. A rule was broken. Rules were broken more than once in this situation. There is usually more to the story than what a recruit tells when he calls home for being reverted. Reversions aren't handed out like candy. Reversions are taken seriously. Speculating and trying to put together the pieces of a story of what might have happened or what actually happened isn't really worth the time in my mind.
    Your Coastie is an adult and will hopefully learn from whatever is going on and come out the other side a better person. Support and encourage your son and trust the process. The facts are: Your son is joining a great family in the Coast Guard, rules were broken, deficiencies are being corrected, those who make it through, come out better for it. Those who were reverted, and make it through boot camp usually end up, down the road in their CG career, laughing at the stupid choices made that got them reverted.
    Best of luck and welcome to the family!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement