Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
opt out of depot
Last Post 25 Dec 2018 02:08 PM by BuckyCop. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kungfumonk007

--
21 Dec 2018 09:17 PM
    They are sending me to depot because of age (39) and because I have a degree. I would rather do the 8 weeks. Will they let me?
    BuckyCop

--
    22 Dec 2018 07:39 AM
    Why would you rather do the 8 weeks? The 8 weeks is designed for the 18-22 year old who needs to be reshaped into the military mind set. DEPOT is geared towards older recruits with prior service or career skills. Do DEPOT, trust me during the first 9-12 days they will smoke you enough you will be glad you don't have to do it for another 5 weeks. DEPOT is not easy, but at 39 it is better set up for your age bracket (I went through at 31).
    ricodeelite

--
    22 Dec 2018 08:09 AM
    I have to agree. I just went through DEPOT at 33 and saw the 8-weekers every day. I love that training environment, but I definitely did not wish I was in the 8-week instead.
    kungfumonk007

--
    22 Dec 2018 08:11 AM
    I was told there was no formal pt just it. Do they take you to the range?

It seems wrong that everyone else is doing 8 weeks and I would just do 3. Besides I don't have much work for myself jan-march.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    22 Dec 2018 11:18 AM
    Posted By kungfumonk007 on 21 Dec 2018 09:17 PM
    They are sending me to depot because of age (39) and because I have a degree. I would rather do the 8 weeks. Will they let me?

No. Cut off for regular boot camp is 31.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    ricodeelite

--
    22 Dec 2018 12:01 PM
    Posted By kungfumonk007 on 22 Dec 2018 08:11 AM
    I was told there was no formal pt just it. Do they take you to the range?

It seems wrong that everyone else is doing 8 weeks and I would just do 3. Besides I don't have much work for myself jan-march.

You will go to the range, but just as a familiarization. We didn't actually qualify on anything. 

You get selected for DEPOT because of your background. The CG has deemed you as someone they want/need. If you really wanted to do 8 weeks you could fail out of DEPOT while you're there and ask to be reverted....I do not recommend that though.
    kungfumonk007

--
    22 Dec 2018 12:45 PM
    Thanks for the answers! Not having to make the decision makes it an easy choice. Looking forqard to depot and making the most of every day. I am still hoping I get an extra cranky cc.
    BuckyCop

--
    25 Dec 2018 02:08 PM
    You will most likely have a lead CC and 2 other CC's for DEPOT. Trust me, one of them will be more "cranky" than the others. You will do plenty of IT training, especially in the beginning. You will also do a company run around the city of Cape May and will do the obstacle course, most likely with one of the 8 week companies who are almost training complete. Good luck.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement