Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
OCS R
Last Post 15 Feb 2019 02:24 PM by riley_s. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
HIlife01

--
29 Jan 2019 03:43 AM
    Anyone else on here waiting for news from this OCS-R selection panel?
    RealQuick

--
    29 Jan 2019 07:08 AM
    I am, second time applying for OCS and 4th panel overall I've applied for, currently on the alternate list for the last DCE panel.
    Paulu

--
    29 Jan 2019 09:28 AM
    I am! First time applying so we’ll see how it goes. I’m glad someone started this thread - now we can all wait in anticipation together.
    HIlife01

--
    30 Jan 2019 12:45 AM
    Best of luck to everyone! This is my second time applying...made the alternate list last time. Fingers crossed.
    Paulu

--
    30 Jan 2019 10:18 AM
    That's awesome! Best of luck to everyone as well. If you don't mind me asking, based on your past experience about how long does it take to receive notification?
    RealQuick

--
    30 Jan 2019 06:22 PM
    OCS is usually a 3 week turnaround not sure how the shutdown will affect this panel though.
    sdupre12

--
    31 Jan 2019 02:44 AM
    Usually 2 and a half to 3 weeks. Hopefully it is the same timeframe for this panel.
    Madmark22

--
    06 Feb 2019 05:51 PM
    Has anyone heard anything back yet??? I also applied in November and am curious as to when I shall hear the news??
    Paulu

--
    08 Feb 2019 11:50 AM
    It is to my understanding that the panel was held on the 28th of January, so it's likely that we won't hear anything back until at least Feb 11th.
    riley_s

--
    12 Feb 2019 12:19 PM
    Anyone heard anything from their recruiter yet? Hoping we hear back early this week!
    Paulu

--
    12 Feb 2019 12:22 PM
    Not yet. I’m hoping the same, too!
    HIlife01

--
    12 Feb 2019 05:13 PM
    This waiting is the worst.
    m_meis

--
    13 Feb 2019 02:36 PM
    I am waiting as well! 

Here's something interesting I calculated...

My recruiter told me the panel spends 15 minutes on each package.

If 250 packets are submitted then it would take approximately 63 hours of  constant packet review. This certainly helps me understand the wait time. 
    Akihn

--
    15 Feb 2019 12:55 PM
    Anyone heard anything yet?
    Madmark22

--
    15 Feb 2019 01:02 PM
    No not yet... The wait is indeed the worst. I was talking to HIlife01 privately, and he thinks that we might hear back this week. Hopefully the previous shut down hasn't affected the schedule for the panel to meet, and now they are backtracked... I just want to know one way or the other!!
    Madmark22

--
    15 Feb 2019 01:02 PM
    No not yet... The wait is indeed the worst. I was talking to HIlife01 privately, and he thinks that we might hear back this week. Hopefully the previous shut down hasn't affected the schedule for the panel to meet, and now they are backtracked... I just want to know one way or the other!!
    Paulu

--
    15 Feb 2019 01:06 PM
    I’m hoping today will be the day. Fingers crossed
    Akihn

--
    15 Feb 2019 01:14 PM
    Yeah, this waiting is brutal, I have been told the shut down had no effect so I guess we will see
    Madmark22

--
    15 Feb 2019 01:57 PM
    okay great, glad to hear it! Does anyone know how we will be notified??? Will our recruiter call us, or do we have to wait for a letter to come in the mail???
    riley_s

--
    15 Feb 2019 02:24 PM
    Last time I applied I didn't get the official letter until about a week after my recruiter told me, so you'll get a call or email from your recruiter
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement